Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
U.S. Market Update Dow +92 S&P +10 NASDAQ +15
- U.S. Indices climb higher ahead of tomorrow's Fed decision. Oct pending home sales beat expectations and September was revised upwards bringing buyers into the homebuilding stocks. XHB +4.25% Financial stocks are performing well as a plethora of news is affecting the sector. MBIA is trading up more than 20% after the Co. announced a $1B investment from Warbus Pincus, bringing some relief to the beaten down group. ABK +18% MTG +15% PMI +20% RDN +15% UBS announced another $10B in write-offs overnight, but in a sign investors hope the worst may be behind the Co., shares are trading up more than 2%. JPM +3.5% is adding to the gains in financials after an investment banking CEO said they held cooperation talks with the Investment Corp of Dubai. There was also more than $6B in deals announced over the weekend. MOGN +20% PLTE +5. 5% ARXT +35%. Treasury prices are under some pressure as a greater appetite for risk seems to be emerging. The Long Bond is down more than a point while its yield has moved back towards 4.65%. Jan crude +0.6% has been higher throughout the session but is coming off its best level. Feb gold surged following the open of floor trading to as high as $818. The contract trade is up close to 2% currently, helped by the better oil prices and a softer Dollar.
- The USD started the week on a soft tone as European central bankers continued their hawkish tone in regards to inflation. ECB Stark's reiterated that the central bank will act in a timely manner to curb inflationary expectations. ECB's Liikanen noted that he sees inflation at elevated levels into 2009, and that the central bank will act to counter 2nd round inflation. These comments are in contrast to the recent ECB staff projections on long term inflation released at last week's ECB policy meeting. EUR/USD broke above the 1.4700 level aided by some technical momentum. March Bunds were off 60 ticks to 113.50 area following the continued hawkish inflation banter. Yield curves were broadly steeply as short term yields dropped and the long end yields rose. UK PPI data confirmed the BOE statement from the its recent policy meeting in which the central issued caution on the short term inflation front, despite lowering its interest rates by 25bp. Cable surged over 130 pips to 2.0460 area. JPY is softer as global equity markets appreciate the spat of capital infusions into the financial names. FSE up 0.4% to 6580, CAC up 0. 8% to 5763, DAX firmer by 0.6% to 8040.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.