Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
U.S. Market Update Dow +92 S&P +10 NASDAQ +15
- U.S. Indices climb higher ahead of tomorrow's Fed decision. Oct pending home sales beat expectations and September was revised upwards bringing buyers into the homebuilding stocks. XHB +4.25% Financial stocks are performing well as a plethora of news is affecting the sector. MBIA is trading up more than 20% after the Co. announced a $1B investment from Warbus Pincus, bringing some relief to the beaten down group. ABK +18% MTG +15% PMI +20% RDN +15% UBS announced another $10B in write-offs overnight, but in a sign investors hope the worst may be behind the Co., shares are trading up more than 2%. JPM +3.5% is adding to the gains in financials after an investment banking CEO said they held cooperation talks with the Investment Corp of Dubai. There was also more than $6B in deals announced over the weekend. MOGN +20% PLTE +5. 5% ARXT +35%. Treasury prices are under some pressure as a greater appetite for risk seems to be emerging. The Long Bond is down more than a point while its yield has moved back towards 4.65%. Jan crude +0.6% has been higher throughout the session but is coming off its best level. Feb gold surged following the open of floor trading to as high as $818. The contract trade is up close to 2% currently, helped by the better oil prices and a softer Dollar.
- The USD started the week on a soft tone as European central bankers continued their hawkish tone in regards to inflation. ECB Stark's reiterated that the central bank will act in a timely manner to curb inflationary expectations. ECB's Liikanen noted that he sees inflation at elevated levels into 2009, and that the central bank will act to counter 2nd round inflation. These comments are in contrast to the recent ECB staff projections on long term inflation released at last week's ECB policy meeting. EUR/USD broke above the 1.4700 level aided by some technical momentum. March Bunds were off 60 ticks to 113.50 area following the continued hawkish inflation banter. Yield curves were broadly steeply as short term yields dropped and the long end yields rose. UK PPI data confirmed the BOE statement from the its recent policy meeting in which the central issued caution on the short term inflation front, despite lowering its interest rates by 25bp. Cable surged over 130 pips to 2.0460 area. JPY is softer as global equity markets appreciate the spat of capital infusions into the financial names. FSE up 0.4% to 6580, CAC up 0. 8% to 5763, DAX firmer by 0.6% to 8040.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 11 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 12 Dec
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 GB- ZEW Survey
13:30 US- PPI
Wed 13 Dec
00:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Unemployment
13:30 US- CPI
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- Fed Decision
Thu 14 Dec
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
All Day- Global- flash PMIs
12:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Retail Sales
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:45 US- Industrial Production
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Tue--10:00 GMT-- DE- ZEW. Second Tier Sentiment Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Tue--13:30 GMT-- US- PPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Wed--09:30 GMT-- GB- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed--13:30 GMT-- US- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed--15:30 GMT-- US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Wed--19:00 GMT-- US- Fed Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Thu --00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Thu --All day-- global- flash PMIs
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --07:30-- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --09:30-- GB- Retail Sales
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..