Friday December 14, 2007 - 16:57:15 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog: Market Snapshot N.Y. Mid-Session
GVI Market Snapshot-- N.Y. Mid-Session
- So far its been a liquidating market. EUR/USD bottoming attempts have all petered out.
- The USD trading broadly higher vs. the majors. The unit has continued to benefit from the better than expected retail sales data and a hotter than predicted PPI report yesterday. Data on Friday also were not supportive of aggressive Fed ease.
- The JPY has been hit by a weaker than expected BOJ quarterly Tankan Big Manufacturers Diffusion index. BOJ policy is now seen on hold well into 2008.
- The commodity curencies (AUD and NZD) are weaker. CAD is better. Gold and oil are weaker.
- Equity markets are currently lower. Fixed income prices have eased.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."