Thursday January 10, 2008 - 10:56:37 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog: Market Snapshot Europe Mid-Session
GVI Market Snapshot-- Europe Mid-Session
- The USD is lower against the majors vs. its Wednesday closing levels.
- The early call for U.S. equities is for a weaker start. Bonds prices are higher. The Nikkei clsosed sharply lower again while European bourses have been in volatile ranges ahead of the ECB and BOE decisions today.
- The BOE policy decision is seen as a close call between no policy change and a -25bp rate cut. The ECB is seen holding rates steady. The major focus will be on the tone of ECB President Trichet remarks afterwards.
- The commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are better. Gold is soft, while oil is steady.
- The U.S. economic calendar is light until the Friday release of November trade figures.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."