Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday February 8, 2008 - 10:59:52 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog: Market Snapshot Europe Mid-Session
- The USD is holding roughly steady vs. the EUR, JPY and CHF heading into the N.Y. open on Friday. The absence of many key Asian centers today fr the lunar new year has resulted in reduced liquidity today. The GBP is firmer.
- Some wonder if the poor performance of the U.S. 30-yr auction and the subsequent back up in bond yields was a result of the closure of Asian centers due to the new year observances.
- The markets are still focused on the tenor of the comments by ECB President Trichet yesterday. While Trichet did not signal a policy easing in March, the markets moved forward its expectations for a rate cut to the Middle of 2Q07. 2-yr Schatz yields yesterday fell sharply by -14bps to 3.12% in anticipation of lower EZ rates. They are at 3.13% today.
- The commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are trading mixed once again. Gold and oil are higher.
- Many of the far east equity markets were closed for Lunar New Year observations. In Japan the Nikkei fell. European bourses are higher. The early call for U.S. equities is for a lower open. U.S. bond prices have recovered.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.