Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog TTN- European Market Update: German Jobless Change Greater than Expected in February European Market Update: German Jobless Change Greater than Expected in February
Â· *** ECONOMIC DATA ***
Â· GE Jan ILO Unemployment Rate: 7.6% v 7. 7%e
Â· FR Feb Consumer Confidence: -35 v -34e
Â· FR Jan Consumer Prices: M/M 0.5% v 0.4%e || Prior revised from 0.2% to 0.1% |||| Y/Y 4.9% v 4.8%e || Prior revised from 4.5% to 4.4%
Â· SW Q4 Current Account [sek]: 80.2B v 41.2B prior || Prior revised from 41.2B to 53. 1B
Â· SW Jan PPI: M/M 1.3% v 0.6%e || Y/Y 4.6% v 3.9%e
Â· SW Jan Retail Sales: M/M -0.2% v -0.4%e || Prior revised from 1.2% to 0.8% |||| Y/Y 4.8% v 6.7% || Prior revised from 4.0% to 2.9%
Â· GE Feb Unemployment Rate: 8.0% v 8.0%e
Â· GE Feb Unemployment Change: -75K v -48Ke
Â· *** SPEAKERS/COMMENTS ***
Â· BOE''s Besley: Hard to judge where financial markets are going || Stands by February inflation forecast || BOE is deeply uncertain about how credit market shocks will play through the economy || Softer consumer spending does not portend economic disaster
Â· || Expects savings to rebuild over the next 2 years as the flipside to softer consumer growth || Sees house prices broadly flat || Unclear how quickly the weaker GBP will impact CPI
Â· Fixed income futures are trading higher in Europe in what has been a rather quiet session following the plethora of central bank speakers seen yesterday. In new supply overnight Italy sold â‚¬2.5B in 4.50% 2018 bonds with an average yield of 4.43% and a bid-to-cover of 1.297x, as well as â‚¬2.0B in 7-year floating rate notes with an average yield of 4.11% and a bid-to-cover of 1. 524x, and â‚¬4.0B in 3.75% 2011 bonds with an average yield of 3.66% and a bid-to-cover of 1.452x.
Â· In commodities profit taking set in after uncertainty about the economic outlook in the United States pushed crude oil and gold prices to new all time highs. Crude futures are also lower following the greater than expected rise in inventories seen yesterday morning.
Â· The USD consolidated its recent losses against the major pairs in today session. The EUR/USD hovering the 1.51-handle, while the USD/CHF held above the 1.06-level. Dealers noting that some month-end profit taking was providing some reprieve for the dollar. The GBP was also steady following its weak tone. Option related barrier in EUR/GBP at 0.7650 aiding the pound.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Wed 18 Oct /ul>
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 19 Oct
01:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue-- 08:30 GMT GB- CPI top tier confirmation of Inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT DE- ZEW Survey second most important German monthly Survey.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT EZ- final HICP revision to flash report. Revisions are usually minor.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 13:15 GMT US- Industrial Production. Top output indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 12:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits revision to flash report. Useful housing leading indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top WTI inventory measure.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 01:30 GMT AU- Employment. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 02:00 GMT CN- GDP. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu-- 08:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales. Top consumption indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 12:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless. Employment Indicator.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..