Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN U.S. Market Update U.S. Market Update
Dow -141 S&P -14.7 NASDAQ -25.2
- Equity and Bond markets continue to focus on the plunging U.S Dollar and its relationship to commodity prices around the world. Indices have swooning to new lows late in the morning session as comments from Barnanke''s testimony on the hill hit cross. Overall his remarks leave the door open to continued aggressive rate cuts going forward which has maintained pressure on the Greenback. Following a larger than expected increase in weekly unemployment claims and preliminary Q4 annualized GDP of 0.6%, the Fed Chairman noted he does not believe credit disruptions are near an end that there will probably some bank failures. Treasury prices are climbing with 10-year yield falling back towards 3.7%. The April fed fund future contract has seen the odds of a 75 basis point cut push back towards 40% and the July contact fully pricing in a 2% fed funds rate. Shares of Apple are helping the NASADQ hold up better than the other indices after the COO reaffirmed growth projection for the iPhone. The energy complex is also outperforming as natural gas futures surge some 4% after weekly inventory data. OIH +1.8% MFGlobal is sliding 20% after the company disclosed they would be taking a large hit from the wheat trading operations.
- The USD remains soft ahead on month end trading as oil and gold maintain upward momentum. Dealers are noting that the appetite for commodities is being seen by pension funds. Calpers, which has $240 billion in assets, agreed at its Feb. 19 board meeting to hold between 0.5 percent and 3 percent of its assets in commodities. NYMEX crude moving back towards the 102 level during the session while gold remains above $965 per oz. EUR/USD hit fresh all- time highs above the 1.5190, while USD/CHF broke below the 1.0530 handle. Verbal rhetoric continues to ebb out from various European officials. Swiss Nestle CFO stated that the strong CHF posed challenges, but added that it will not prevent co. from achieving its financial targets. Commodity currencies holding steady. USD/CAD at 0.9730, while AUD/USD at 0.9470. Carry-related pairs focused on continued credit market concerns. US mortgage company Thornburg noted that it saw sudden adverse change in mortgage market conditions, especially on Alt-collateral since Mid-Feb. London hedge fund, Peloton Partners, has liquidated its ABS fund. EUR/CHF is drifting lower towards the 1.60 level. Fed''s Bernanke noted that credit disruptions are ''not near'' an end.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 11 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 12 Dec
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 GB- ZEW Survey
13:30 US- PPI
Wed 13 Dec
00:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Unemployment
13:30 US- CPI
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- Fed Decision
Thu 14 Dec
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
All Day- Global- flash PMIs
12:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Retail Sales
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:45 US- Industrial Production
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Tue--10:00 GMT-- DE- ZEW. Second Tier Sentiment Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Tue--13:30 GMT-- US- PPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Wed--09:30 GMT-- GB- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed--13:30 GMT-- US- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed--15:30 GMT-- US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Wed--19:00 GMT-- US- Fed Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Thu --00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Thu --All day-- global- flash PMIs
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --07:30-- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --09:30-- GB- Retail Sales
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..