Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN U.S. Market Update U.S. Market Update
Dow -208 S&P -23.4 NASDAQ 39
- Indices slide on continued disappointing economic data and concerns regarding the financial sector. A worrisome Q4 earnings report from AIG got the ball rolling in the wrong direction again. Downgrades in BCS and RBS overnight along with news a UBS analyst increased estimates for worldwide losses related to the financial crisis only added to the pressure heading towards the U.S. open. Inflation continues to remain a concern with the Y/Y PCE Deflator coming in at 3.7% and monthly raw materials prices rising 3.4%, but it is clear growth concerns remain the focus. The Feb Chicago Purchasing Managers Index had its lowest reading since late 2001. The weakness in equity markets has again coincided with a flight to quality in the bond market. The 2-year yield has fallen below 1.7% and the 10-year hovers around 3.56%. Expectations for a more aggressive Fed have crept into the Fed fund futures market. The April contract is now projecting roughly 60% odds of a 75 basis point cut at the next meeting, while the July contract is now pricing in a 40% chance the fed funds rate drops below 2% by this summer. Names being hit post earnings reports include: DELL -2% AIG -7.5% DECK -10% HANS -6% BGFV -15% MENT -9% LIZ -4% VIA.B -4% MYE -13% The run-up in commodity prices is taking a hiatus with crude, gasoline, and copper futures trading slightly lower while silver, gold, and heating oil manage marginal gains.
- In currencies the theme of risk aversion maintained to influence the price action as continued jitters within the financial sector is causing a new wave of unwinding of carry-related pairs. The monoline insures added fuel to the fire that started with the AIG earnings reports, after press reports that the Ambac bailout has encountered a ‚Äúsignificant snag‚ÄĚ over last couple days, while MBIA noted that it sees added material mark-to-market losses in January. The iTraxx Crossover index inched back above the 600 bps level to re-approach its all-time high of 615bps. ECB''s Gonzalez-Paramo reiterated the view that it could take some time before the liquidity crisis disappears completely. EUR/CHF is lower by 100 pips at 1. 5865 during the session. Overall, the USD remains on the defensive as February end, but off its worst levels for the session. . Oil and gold are both are off their all-time highs seen during the Asian session. EUR/USD hit fresh all-time highs above the 1.5239, while USD/CHF tested the 1.0425 level. USD/JPY tested near its 3-year lows of 103.63, but the USD was able to gain against the GBP as recent UK economic data points to a BOE rate cut at its March MPC meeting. EUR/GBP tested all-time highs at 0.7679 during the European morning. European equity market near session lows while fixed- income instruments were firmer. March gilts +86 ticks at 110.25, March bunds at 117.00 +95 ticks. Euro Stoxx 50 -1.8% at 3,715, FTSE 100 index -1. 3% at 5,888, CAC 40 index -1.5% at 4,790 and DAX -2.1% at 6, 716
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.