Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN - U.S. Market UpdateU.S. Market Update
Dow - 30 S&P -0.6 NASDAQ -8.4
- New week brings much of the same story for financial markets. The greenback remained under pressure early on while commodities made another run at historic highs. April crude traded above its all-time inflation adjusted high of 10.376 early in the NY session. Indices continue to head lower after overseas markets slid, led by a 4% drop in the Nikkei. The XLF is down another 2% now a little more than a dollar from the January lows. Airline stocks are losing altitude for the 5th straight session. Equity futures did catch a bit of a bid after December ISM data meet expectations albeit a 5-year low. Metals futures are up another 1-2%, but they have back off new all-time highs after the Dollar found a little traction following comments from several European government officials. April gold briefly traded above $990. Metal and Mining names continue to move higher. FCX +3% PCU +2.3% AA +2% NEM +2.7% Treasury prices are modestly lower with the long bond future off half a point yielding 4.44%.
- Some comments from European officials helped to take the USD off its all-time lows against the Euro and the Swiss Franc pairs. EU''s Juncker made the strongest statement that he was increasingly concerned about strong Euro levels. EUR/USD tested 1.5275 just prior to Juncker''s comments, while USD/CHF probed the 1.03 area. The Dutch Finance Minister Bos later joined the chorus noting that the strong Euro does not reflect economic fundamentals. ECB''s Trichet reiterated that the US affirmed its desire for a strong USD policy. Prior to this verbal intervention, the theme of higher commodity prices and weaker USD as NYMEX oil and spot gold hit fresh all-time highs of $103.96 and $989.55 respectively. Carrry-related currency pairs were off the opening lows seen in Sydney and Tokyo as risk aversion themes continued to impact the JPY and CHF crosses. The USD/JPY tested 3-year lows at 102.60 before rebounding towards the mid 103 area. European fixed-income retraced its earlier gains after the Feb ISM manufacturing data managed to meet market expectations. March Bund is up 10 ticks at 117.16, Mach Gilt is up 1 tick at 110.45 European equities are in the upper end of their session trading range, aided by the post ISM equity rally. Euro-Stoxx 50 -1.35 at 3,647; FTSE -0. 6% at 5,846; CAC-40 down 0.9% at 4,747, DAX at 6,677 -1% for the session
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Fri-- 12:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI. Top economic indicators.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Fri-- 14:00 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..