Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN - U.S. Market UpdateU.S. Market Update
Dow -142 S&P -15.2 NASDAQ -25.24
- U.S. Indices maintain a downward trajectory with financials and tech still leading the way. Rumors of write downs both here and abroad continue to circulate while the Dubai International CEO said he expects another capital injection for Citigroup in order to survive. Merrill Lynch cut numbers in several financials highlighted by Citigroup which trades at a 10 year low. Tech was sideswiped by Intel when the Co. lowered their Q1 gross margin guidance by 200 basis points citing lower NAND flash memory prices. INTC -2% SMH -1% SNDK -2.3% Retailers are under pressure after BKS -8% cut guidance and BBY -2% was downgraded before the open. JTX is giving back more than 25% after a disappointing Q3 earnings report heading into the heart of tax season. As equities made their latest leg down late in the NY morning commodity futures saw profit takers step in with some force. April gold is down close to 2% at $964 after trading as high as $990 earlier. Copper and gold are each down roughly 2%. Energy markets are seeing sellers as well led by April crude off more than 2.5% dipping back below $100. Gasoline futures have given back more than 4% today. Treasury futures are bouncing around the unchanged level ahead of tomorrow''s ADP jobs report. The 10-year is fractionally higher yielding 3.53%.
- In a session marked with little economic data, currencies focused on the rumor mill in terms of finding both momentum and direction. Rumors circulated just ahead of the NY open that two SIV funds were in ''technical default'' coupled with a fresh "rogue trader" rumor concerning a major US based brokerage house. European equities eroded into negative territory as the session wore on, aided by a research note from Merrill Lynch which lowered various FY08 EPS estimates for the aforementioned US bank. Thus risk aversion continues to help firm CHF and JPY against their numerous currency pairs. Fed''s Kohn noted that State banks faced deteriorating credit conditions, indicating more asset write downs were likely. USD/JPY is hovering just below the 103 area with chatter of an option barrier lurking down at 102.50. USD/CHF trades at 1. 0340 and EUR/CHF at 1.5745 area.
- The Bank of Canada did provide a spark when it lowered their interest rates by 50 basis points to 3.50%. The BOC cited a clear concern over the possibility that the US economic slowdown could be longer and deeper than previously thought. The BOC noted that further rate cuts were likely due to US econ situation and noted that the US economic slowdown will have a large spillover effect on the global economy. USD/CAD rallied some 60 pips to 0.9940 following NBOC rate decision before consolidating. Verbal intervention continued again this session as the Euro-Zone finance ministers met. EU''s Barroso says it is likely that the ECB will examine the strong euro attentively, but sidestepped a bit when he noted that the ECB should remain independent. The Belgium Finance Minister stated that the FX situation is due to weak USD, not a strong Euro; and Belgium was reassured by US stance on the dollar. Portuguese Finance Min joined the choir noting that the current level of Euro is a "matter of concern"; but added the usual mantra that currencies should reflect fundamentals. More importantly he noted that current Euro volatility was "not uncomfortable." European Fixed income was at session highs ahead of the European close. March Bunds +36 ticks at 117. 80, March Gilts +33 ticks at 110.94 Euro-Stoxx 50 -2.25% at 3,594; FTSE 100 index -1.6% at 5,724; CAC-40 -1.9% at 4,657 and DAX -2.5% at 6, 520
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Thu 14 Dec
23:50 JP- Tankan Survey
Mon 18 Dec
10:00 EZ- final HICP
Tue 19 Dec
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
13:30 US- Current Account
Wed 20 Dec
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 Dec
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
13:30 CA- CPI & Retail Sales
13:30 US Weely Jobless
13:30 US- GDP
Fri 22 Dec
09:30 US- GB- GDP
13:30 US- core PCE Deflator & Presonal Income
15:00 US- New Homes Sales
15:00 US- final University of Michigan
17:00 US- early Closes
Mon 25 Dec
00:00 Christmas Holidays
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --23:50-- JP- Tankan Survey
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..