Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN - U.S. Market UpdateU.S. Market Update
Dow +87 S&P +11.25 NASDAQ +21.05
- U.S. equity markets have seen a bit of a relief rally as money comes out of Treasuries. Overseas markets saw gains in the wake of the ABK, C, and CSCO headlines that brought buyers into the market late in yesterday''s NY session. Decent earnings and guidance reports from retailers BIG +24% SKS +3% and BJ +10% helped equity futures shake off the first negative reading ever for the monthly ADP jobs report. Equity markets pushed out to new highs and bonds ticked to new lows after Feb non-manufacturing ISM data beat expectations but still signaled contraction. The 10-year note future is down nearly half a point yielding 3.65%. April fed fund futures have seen the odds of cuts of 75bp slip back towards 50% from 80% yesterday. Indices have since pulled back from their best levels as commodities ran to new session highs across the board following weekly oil inventory data. Crude +3% at 102.58, Gasoline +1.4%, Heating Oil +3.6%, Apr Gold +2% at $986, Copper +3% at $3.93, and Silver +3.5%. This latest move higher in commodities coincided with the Euro testing all-time highs at 1.5275.
- USD saw its initial gains achieved over the last 48 hours against the Euro, Cable and Swiss erode as the NY morning progressed and EUR/USD made new all-time highs at 1.5275. EUR/USD had continued to see steady alleged Asian offers at the 1.5440 area before giving way ahead of the European close. The USD did manage to regain a brief moment of composure following the Feb ISM non-manufacturing data beat consensus expectations with a 49.3 reading. However, The ISM does remain below the 50 level suggesting contraction in this sector. It was the first back-to-back reading of this data since the Dec''01 and Jan ''02 time period. Dealers are noting that the ECB staff inflation projections to be released on Thursday are seen as the main focus for any future ECB rate decisions. The carry-related currency pairs were volatile throughout the session. Both JPY and CHF softened as equity markets regained composure. USD/JPY tested above the 104 handle as dealers note medium term players covered shorts ahead of the alleged option barrier at 102.50. EUR/JPY is firmer by over 100 pips at 158.50. The 105 area will remain key resistance for the USD as the Friday payroll data approaches. CAD and AUD firmed as commodity prices rose. USD/CAD was unable to sustain recent breaks above the 0.9920 level. Cash gold continues to probe the $1, 000 level.
In fixed-income dealers are noting that the covered bond market is essentially closed. As no market makers seem to be making any markets. March Bund -44 ticks at 117.30; Mar Gilts futures -37 ticks at 110. 54Euro-Stoxx 50 up 2% at 3,687; FTSE 100 up 1.45 at 5,842; CAC-40 index +1. 8% at 4,759 and DAX up 2.2% at 6,687
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 18 Dec
10:00 EZ- final HICP
Tue 19 Dec
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
13:30 US- Current Account
Wed 20 Dec
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 Dec
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
13:30 CA- CPI & Retail Sales
13:30 US Weely Jobless
13:30 US- GDP
Fri 22 Dec
09:30 US- GB- GDP
13:30 US- core PCE Deflator & Presonal Income
15:00 US- New Homes Sales
15:00 US- final University of Michigan
17:00 US- early Closes
Mon 25 Dec
00:00 Christmas Holidays
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Mon--10:00 GMT-- EZ- final November HICP. flash data are rarely changed.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Medium Tue --09:00 GMT-- DE- IFO Survey. Key report but usually not a market-mover
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Medium- Tue --13:30 GMT-- US- Housing Starts and Permits. Leading indicators of activity
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Wed --15:00-- US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed --15:30-- US- EIA Crude
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..