Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
FX Blog- TTN - U.S. Market UpdateU.S. Market Update
Dow -51 S&P -7.25 NASDAQ -13.9
- U.S. equity markets hold close to unchanged but remain heading lower to start the week. Equity futures moved higher ahead of the open when a Goldman Sachs analyst noted he could not rule out the possibility the Fed could cut rates as early as today. Similar to Friday''s premarket session the notion the Fed would move just a week before their scheduled FOMC meeting failed to gain any traction. 2- year year notes are under-performing the longer end of the curve contracting the benchmark Treasury spread below 200 basis points. The April fed fund future still sees nearly 100% odds of cuts of 75 basis points and August projects a similar probability of 1.75% fed funds rate. The Dow is getting a supersized boost from MCD+2% after the Co. reported strong Feb comparable sales figures. Nationwide Financial has surged 25% after getting a takeover offer from its parent company. Financials showed some decent early momentum but the tone has turned decidedly negative again after CNBC reported Lehman would be cutting their global workforce by 5%. Commodity futures began the week with some more profit taking but oil has rebounded and surged to a new all-time high. April crude is up around $107. Metals remain noticeably lower but have bounced from their worst levels as crude pushed back into positive territory.
- In currencies, the USD firmed during the NY morning following comments from ECB''s Trichet noting he is concerned about excessive exchange rate moves, but reiterated the view that he pays extreme attention to that the US favors a strong USD. However, Trichet did reaffirm the standard hawkish line that Central banks must anchor inflationary expectations. Lastly, Trichet noted that today''s meeting had no technical discussions on new central bank coordination, but existing cooperation continues. EUR/USD retested Friday''s post-payroll lows of 1.5313 before consolidating. Later, EU''s Regling reiterated that the EU remains permanently vigilant on Euro but does not desire excessive volatility. USD is also receiving help from softer metal prices following China''s lower Feb trade balance released in Pre-European trading, which suggested a cooling of the global economy. Gold continues to struggle to break the $1,000 barrier. USD paid little initial attention to comments out of the UAE highlighting the possibility of setting up a USD peg task force in response to the growing expectation that the Fed may cut rates by as much as 75bps by the end of March. CAD and AUD weakened on the lower metal prices. USD/CAD traded at 0.9935 while AUD/USD ticked at 0.9120.
European equities were mixed and off their best levels of the session. Stocks tested pre-US highs following a Goldman Sachs analyst note that they saw a possibility of an emergency Fed rate cut during the NY morning on Monday. However, equity markets drifted lower as the usual Fed action time came and went. Euro-Stoxx 50 +0.1% at 3,578; FTSE 100 -0.2% at 5,688; CAC 40 -0.1% at 4,613 and DAX +0.1% at 6,522. June Bunds +39 ticks at 117.80; June Gilts -12 ticks at 111.56
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 23 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- All Day Global flash PMIs. First good look at October economic performances.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 01:30 GMT AU- CPI. Top Inflation indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 08:00 GMT DE- IFO Survey. Top German indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 14:00 GMT CA- BOC Decision. No Policy Change Expected.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top Weekly WTI Statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..