Monday April 21, 2008 - 10:12:27 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- Market Snapshot Europe Mid-Session 21 April 2008
GVI Market Snapshot- Europe Mid-Session
- Market Sentiment for the USD is mixed heading into N.Y. The markets so far have proved unable to build of the better tone of the unit seen on Friday. Today the markets have given a mixed verdict on a BOE funding plan for the U.K. banking industry. Many fear that it might be inadequate.
- The USD is trading weaker vs. the EUR. The GBP is weaker its Friday closes. The carry trade funding currencies, JPY and CHF, are mixed vs. the USD.
- The Shanghai Composite closed firmer, and the Hang Seng index closed higher in Hong Kong. The tech-heavy Nikkei advanced. Key European bourses are mixed to lower. Eurozone bond prices are weaker. U.S. equities are looking to open about steady as of this hour. This is a busy weak for earnings reports.
- The commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are mixed to higher vs. the USD. Australian PPI data were considerably stronger than expected. Gold and oil are mixed. Oil is in new record high territory.
- No major U.S.data are slated for today.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."