Tuesday July 8, 2008 - 09:52:50 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Market Snapshot- Europe Mid-Session for July 8, 2008
GVI Market Snapshot- Europe Mid-Session for July 8, 2008
Profile of Key Markets:
- The EUR/USD is heading into N.Y. about steady vs. late Monday levels.. There is still some nervousness about the G8 summit in Japan, although it appears now that no major initiative in support of the unit is likely. Today will see an appearance by Fed Chairman Bernanke at 12:00 GMT.
- The GBP is steady vs. the USD, although concerns about the U.K. economy persist. The EUR/GBP cross is steady.
- The USD/JPY is sharply lower. The CHF is stronger vs. the USD. CHF/JPY has weakened. The EUR/CHF is softer.
- The commodity currencies are weaker. Oil is off, but gold is higher.
- Asian equities closed mostly weaker. European bourses are lower. U.S. equities are seen opening down.
- JGB prices closed higher. Prices on E-Z bonds are better. U.S. bond prices are firm. The E-Z minus U.S. 2-yr note spread was last -193bps, -1bp.
- See the GVI Calendar for the full schedule of key data.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."