Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday November 5, 2008 - 20:27:45 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for November 6, 2008
Far East Open:
- Thursday sees major monetary policy decisions from the BOE and ECB. Markets feel interest rate cuts by both are a sure thing. The BOE is expected to cut at least by 50bps to 4.00%. Recent speculation has been building for -75 or -100 bps ease. The ECB is most likely seen cutting by -50bps to 3.25%. Speculation about a larger cut is likely misplaced. The Trichet press comments will be key.
- On Wednesday, the markets had to digest the Obama victory in the U.S. Tuesday. The Democrat party also gained strong majorities in the House and Senate. He did not get Senate filibuster-proof control. That would have required 60 seats. Financial markets took some comfort from this, as it could contain some of the more radical left-wing ideas.
- Asian bourses rallied on the back of the Tuesday U.S. gain. European bourses fell on a sell the fact reaction today. The current call is for sharply lower share prices on the close. U.S. Bond prices are mixed. It is just a matter of time until they start to break under the weight of massive future government borrowing.
- It is interesting that Volcker is seen as a savior by many. His tenure as Fed Chief was notable for the bitter medicine he dispensed to the economy to break the back of inflation. The earlier Volcker strongly opposed excessive government spending. During his time, the USD traded off bond prices.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -113 bps +2 bps. U.S. bond prices are mixed. E-Z bond prices closed better.
- The USD is mixed vs. the EUR, GBP and CHF. The JPY is stronger. The AUD, CAD and NZD are weaker. Gold and oil are softer. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.