Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday November 7, 2008 - 10:32:02 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: N.Y. Open for November 7, 2008
New York Open
- The USD is generally lower heading into the October U.S. employment report at 13:30 GMT. Jobs are expected to have fallen by -200K in the month. There are estimates for even a worse outcome. The markets know already that the economy is weak, but the data will indicate how weak it really is. The so-called â€śwhisper numberâ€ť is for -250K.
- Canadian employment data (expect -10,000 loss in jobs) are due at 12:00 GMT. The aggressive 150bp BOE rate cut yesterday surprised everyone and in perverse way confirmed the weak state of the global economy.
- Asian bourses closed mixed to weaker on the back of the Thursday U.S. losees. We have to assunme a weak U.S. jobs figure has already been priced in. European bourses have gained, The current call for the U.S. open is for higher.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -114 bps -4 bps. U.S. bond prices are mixed. E-Z bond prices are weaker.
- The USD is lower vs. the EUR, GBP and CHF. The JPY is better. The AUD, CAD and NZD are mostly better. Gold and oil are up. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 23 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 July 2018
Wed 25 July 2018
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 July 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
Fri 27 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- GDP
A 14:00 US- Final University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.