Wednesday November 12, 2008 - 10:38:00 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: N.Y. Open for November 12, 2008
GVI Forex Analysis Thread: November 12, 2008
New York Open
- The just-released BOE quarterly inflation report has left the door open for additional aggressive ease in the near future.
- N.Y. markets return to full strength today foolowing the Tuesday partial holiday. Activity this week has also been hampered by a slow data calendar.
- Mid morning (15:30 GMT) will see an appearance by Secretary Paulson, where he will provide an update on the TARP program. Dealers also will be looking ahead to the G20 meeting this weekend. The markets will be looking for some sort of coordinated action om the fiscal front to stimulate the global economy.
- As usual, the focus of trade for the rest of the week is likely to be on the performance of the equity markets. Far Eas bourses were wea today following a lower close in the U.S. on Tuesaday. European bourses are currently mixed while U.S. bourses are seen opening modestly lower.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -112 bps -5 bps. U.S. bond prices are higher. E-Z bond prices are mixed.
- The USD is modestly lower from late Tuesday. The EUR, CHF, GBP and JPY are all stronger. The commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are mixed. Gold is lower and oil is down as it has broken through the key $60.00 line. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."