Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday November 18, 2008 - 20:25:31 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for November 18, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- One focus of trade today was House testimony by Secretary Paulson, Fed Chairman Bernanke and FDIC Chief Bair. Not much progress was made on the TARP program update, but Paulson did make the point that the financial system has been stabilized.
- Risk-aversion was on and off the on the table on Tuesday, as key global equities continued to probe for a floor. Traders are now facing concerns about a possible â€śL-shapedâ€ť global recovery rather than a â€śVâ€ť or a â€śUâ€ť. Markets still buy USD in a kneejerk reaction to weak equities.
- Far East equity markets closed mostly weaker. European bourses improved, and the outlook for the closing of U.S. shares is for higher.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -102 bps -5 bps. U.S. bond prices are better. E-Z bond prices improved as well.
- The USD is higher vs. the EUR, CHF, GBP and JPY from late Monday. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) currently are lower on the day. Gold is steady and oil is off very slightly. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.