Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday November 19, 2008 - 20:49:48 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for November 20, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- Risk aversion was back on the table on Wednesday. Concerns about the global economy were most evident in equity and fixed income markets. The financial services stocks were particularly hard hit.
- Forex markets to go nowhere fast on Wednesday. Traders seem to be waiting for something, but its not clear what. Whatever they are waiting for hopefully will provide some stable direction.
- Trading off equity indices continues to be the only game in town. Not much direction is likely to be coming from Washington as a major political transition is underway with increased Democrat control of the Congress and a new President are waiting in the wings.
- Far East equity markets closed mostly weaker. European bourses ended mostly down, and the outlook for the close of U.S. shares is for sharply weaker.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -111 bps -8 bps. U.S. bond prices are better. E-Z bond prices have improved as well.
- The USD is higher vs. the EUR and CHF from late Wednesday. The JPY is firmer and the GBP is still modestly higher. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) currently are now sharply weaker on the day. Oil is weaker after weekly energy inventories today. Gold is down modestly. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.