Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday November 24, 2008 - 10:35:42 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis November 24, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- The Citi bailout plan announced overnight has taken some of the USD risk premium ot of the market and has sent a signal to the equity markets what â€śtoo big to failâ€ť now means. Unfortunately this was not done before LEH. Additional bear raids on major institutions now are less likely. In the meantime, the extremely accommodative Fed policy should support bank profits and gradually permit them to rebuild their balance sheets over time.
- Japanese markets were closed for a holiday today. Far East courses otherwise closed mixed to weaker. European bourses currently are higher. The early call for the open of U.S. shares is for higher today.
- the September German Ifo data were even weaker than expected and will inftensify the pressure on the ECB to make an aggressive rate cut in December. German industrial orders were also substantially weaker than expected.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -104 bps -2 bps. U.S. bond prices are higher. E-Z bond prices have improved as well.
- The USD lower vs. the EUR, CHF and GBP from late Friday. The JPY is better also. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are mixed. Oil is pivoting the $50 line. Gold is higher. See the GVI calendar for an updated
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.