Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday December 3, 2008 - 10:42:39 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis Thread: December 3, 2008 Pre-New York Open
Pre-New York Open
- Financial markets are biding their time ahead of three key employment surveys from the U.S. today, Thursday and Friday. The ADP private employment survey is due at 13:15 GMT today. The ADP survey tends to be unreliable and recently has tended to overstate jobs. A decline of -198K is seen. The street estimate seems to encompass that bias with the consensus for the Friday non-farm payrolls figure a decline of -320K. Thursday will see the more up-to-date weekly new and continuing jobless claims. All these reports are expected to be weak and have impacted equity prices adversely this week.
- Far East bourses closed generally higher today. European exchanges are down, and the early call for the U.S. open is for a weaker start to trade.
- A slew of cetral bank poicy decisions are due in the next 24 hours or so. At 20:00 GMT, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand is expected to cut its cash rate target by -150bps to 5.00% from 6.50%. Additionally, significant rate cuts are expected from the ECB and BOE on Thursday. The BOE is expected to ease by another -100 bps and the ECB to cut by -75bps. There is a lot of room for error in the street forecasts.
- The PMI Service indices released for the E-Z and U.K. today were even weaker than forecast. The U.S. ISM Services PMI will be released at 15:00 GMT.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -115bps +6 bps. U.S. bond prices are weaker. E-Z bond prices are about steady.
- The USD is higher vs. the EUR, CHF and GBP from late Tuesday. The JPY has gained. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are now weaker. Oil is about stead and below the pivotal $50 line. Gold is lower. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 23 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 July 2018
Wed 25 July 2018
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 July 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
Fri 27 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- GDP
A 14:00 US- Final University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.