Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 4, 2008 - 19:56:51 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far East Open for December 5, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- Thursday saw strong cross-currents which have seen the USD cloing lower on the day. The BOE cut interest rates by -100bps as expected to 2.00%. Also the ECB eased by -75bps to a 2.50% refi rate. This rate reduction was on the high side of the market -50bp to -75bp forecasts. Nevertheless, markets feel that the central bank is still far behind the curve on policy.
- Thursday afternoon, it appeared that the equity markets were setting up for an abysnmal November employment report. Following the usually unreliable ADP private payroll survey, steet estimastes for NFP are running for a fall of -350-400K in the month. All week those shorting stocks on expectations of bad data have been losing money. The data have been bad as expected, but the markets appear to have little left to sell now on bad news. This could be a signal of a bottom. The Friday close will be a key barometer of this theory.
- We assume that the focus of forex trade Friday will be on the equity markets again. It is all that has been working recently. No major economic data releases are due following the jobs data on Friday.
- Earlier Far East bourses closed generally lower. European exchanges latr gained, and the early call for the close of U.S. shares is for steady(?) in another volatile session.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -132bps -13 bps. U.S. bond prices are higher. E-Z bond prices closed lower.
- The USD is lower vs. the EUR and CHF from late Wednesday. The GBP is now about steady. The JPY is higher. Unofficial Japanese (Kampo) forex intervention was rumored earlier. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are mixed. The CAD is sharply weaker after Parliament was suspended until January. Oil is weaker and well below the pivotal $50 line. Gold is softer. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 11 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 12 Dec
09:30 GB- CPI
10:00 GB- ZEW Survey
13:30 US- PPI
Wed 13 Dec
00:30 AU- Employment
09:30 GB- Unemployment
13:30 US- CPI
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- Fed Decision
Thu 14 Dec
07:30 CH- SNB Decision
All Day- Global- flash PMIs
12:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
13:30 US- Retail Sales
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:45 US- Industrial Production
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Mediun Tue--10:00 GMT-- DE- ZEW. Second Tier Sentiment Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Tue--13:30 GMT-- US- PPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium Wed--09:30 GMT-- GB- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed--13:30 GMT-- US- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed--15:30 GMT-- US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Wed--19:00 GMT-- US- Fed Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Thu --00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Thu --All day-- global- flash PMIs
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --07:30-- CH- Swiss National Bank Decision
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --09:30-- GB- Retail Sales
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..