Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday December 5, 2008 - 10:36:55 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis Thread: December 5, 2008 Pre-New York Open
Pre-New York Open
- We assume that the focus of forex trade Friday will be on equity markets again. It is all that has been working recently. No major economic data releases are due following the jobs data at 13:30 GMT.
- The November U.S. employment survey that wlll be released well before the start of equity floor trading. Since Monday, the concensus forecast for the loss in jobs has worsened from -330K to -350/-400K. There is even some street talk now of a loss of -500K or more. All this week, scalpers who have been shorting stocks on bad data have lost money. Nevertheless, most data have been even worse than expected.
- Equity investors appear now to have little left to sell on bad news. This lack of followthrough selling on bad news might be a signal of a bottom. The equity closing today will be a key barometer of this theory.
- Earlier Far East bourses closed mixed to lower. European exchanges are currently weaker, and the early call for the open of U.S. shares is for a mixed open.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread is -129bps +8bps. U.S. bond prices are easier. E-Z bond prices are higher.
- The USD is steady vs. the EUR, JPY and GBP from late Thursday. The CHF is weaker. The volatile commodity currencies (AUD, CAD and NZD) are firmer. Oil is steady. Gold is firmer. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 9 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 12:00 EZ- Draghi EU Parliament Testimony
Tue 10 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Ind/Prod Output, Trade
AA 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 11 July 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 12 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 13 July 2018
A 14:00 US- Prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.