Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 8, 2008 - 20:48:28 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far East Open for December 9, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- As expected, forex markets continue to follow the lead of equities. Asian equity indices surged today and European bourses ended up sharply at this hour. U.S. equities look to be closing higher. Odds a partial bailout deal for the auto industry is probable has been constructive.
- This year has seen the feared seasonal October selloff, and now a Santa Claus rally could be underway. This would be bad news for the USD into yearend. A weak USD at yearend is another seasonal pattern.
- It follows that the USD is weaker vs. Europe and that the JPY is steady, as they are still highly sensitive to equity prices. The volatile commodity currencies are firmer. Gold and oil are up.
- One woory we have is that the markets are looking beyond poor U.S. economic data, presumably to an eventual recovery. This only will work as long as an economic rebound in the not-too-distant future can be reasonabaly anticipated. The immediate focus is on the massive fiscal stimulus programs in the U.S. and elsewhere.
- This week sees little in the way of economic data, so the price action should be dominated by flows.
- We continue to closely monitor bond prices and the 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread. It stands at is -132bps -20bps. A turn in the U.S. economy will show up early in a weakening of U.S. bond prices. They are softer again today. E-Z bond prices are lower as well.
- See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.