Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 9, 2008 - 10:36:16 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis:Pre-New York Open for December 9, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- This week sees little in the way of key U.S. economic data, so the price action should be dominated by flows.
- On Monday, forex markets followed the lead of equities, mainly because it is working. By this point we have to assume that the risk profile of the bulk of funds has been mostly trimmed.
- Asian equity indices were mixed today and European bourses are better at this hour. U.S. equities look to be opening about steady later. A partial bailout deal for the auto industry is about completed and is been constructive for stocks.
- This year saw the seasonal October equity selloff, and now the ‚ÄúSanta Claus rally‚ÄĚ could be underway. This would be bad news for the USD into yearend. A weak USD at yearend is another typical seasonal pattern.
- Today, the USD is higher vs. Europe. The JPY is firmer. The volatile commodity currencies are weaker. Gold and oil are about steady.
- The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread stands at -134bps +1bps. U.S. bond prices are higher and E-Z bond prices are about steady.
- See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Fri-- 12:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI. Top economic indicators.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Fri-- 14:00 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..