Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 9, 2008 - 19:56:07 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for December 10, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- The Bank of Canada -75bp rate cut to 1.50% early Tuesday caused a bit of a stir Tuesday. Reviews of the bank‚Äôs policy statement were mixed, with additional rate cuts not explicitly signaled, however its tone was dovish. This week sees little in the way of key U.S. economic data, so the price action should be dominated by flows.
- Trade in the EUR/USD continues to be heavily influenced by swings in equity prices, although the linkage of the markets is not as tight as it once was.
- Asian equity indices closed mixed today and European bourses improved. U.S. equities look to be closing weaker later on a correction of recent gains.
- This year already saw a seasonal October equity selloff as equity managers closed their fiscal years, and now the ‚ÄúSanta Claus rally‚ÄĚ could be underway as those with bonuses put their money to work. This would be bad news for the USD into yearend. A weak USD at yearend is another typical seasonal pattern.
- Today the USD is higher vs. Europe. The EUR is about steady. The JPY is firmer. The volatile commodity currencies are weaker. Gold and oil are about steady.
- Another key development was a treasury bill auction which blew off the doors. Strong demand for the one month bill drove yields virtually to 0%. The 2-yr U.S. minus E-Z spread stands at -141bps -6bps. U.S. bond prices are sharpply higher while E-Z bond prices ended weak.
- See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.