Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 11, 2008 - 10:33:52 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis Thread: December 11, 2008 Pre-New York Open
Pre-New York Open
- As expected, the U.S. House of Representatives approved the auto bailout plan late Wednesday. Itâ€™s a much closer call in the Senate and still could go either way. A vote by Friday is hoped for. Passage of the plan would be supportive of equities, and failure could hurt. Far Eastern bourses closed mostly higher. European exchanges are lower at this hour and the early call for the U.S. open is for lower.
- The key focus today will be on U.S. weekly jobless claims. This is about the most up to date barometer of the economy. The trade data should have improved in response to the slowing of the eonomy. The USD is generally weaker vs. Europe and the JPY.
- The SNB cut its target rate for 3mo CHF libor by 50bps to 0.50%, as expected. The SNB recently has been very aggressive in its monetary policy ease.
- The volatile commodity currencies are mostly firmer. Australian November employment fell by -15,600 to 4.4% pretty much as expected. Gold and oil are higher.
- . See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
Trading Ideas for 12 March 2018
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 12 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 17:00 US- 3-Yr Auction
Tue 13 Mar 2018
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
AA 12:30 US- CPI
A 17:00 US- 10-Yr Auction
Wed 14 Feb 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 17:00 US- 30-Yr Auction
Thu 15 Mar 2018
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Philly Fed, Empire PMI
A 12:15 US- Industrial Production
Fri 16 Mar 2018
A 10:00 EZ- final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- prelim Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.