Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 11, 2008 - 20:39:00 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis Thread: December 12, 2008 Pre-Far East Open
Pre-Far East Open
- The U.S. auto bailout plan was passed by the House late Wednesday. At this point Senate passage of the bill as currently written is doubtful. Odds favor some sort of compromise solution, but that is not a sure bet. A vote by Friday is hoped for. Passage of a bill would be supportive of equities, and failure could hurt. Far Eastern bourses closed mostly higher. European exchanges closed lower and the current call for the U.S. closing is for sharply lower.
- U.S. weekly jobless claims released Thursday were exceptionally weak (+573K) and were a significant weight on the USD. Having the USD sell-off following weak data were a change from recent patterns. This is the most up to date economic barometer. More poor U.S. economic data are awaited on Friday. As expected, the SNB cut its target rate for 3mo CHF libor by 50bps to 0.50%.
- The volatile commodity currencies are sharply higher. Australian November employment fell by -15,600 to 4.4% pretty much as expected. Gold and oil are higher.
- Key data Friday include U.S. PPI data, retail sales and the university of Michigan sentiment index. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.