Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday December 12, 2008 - 10:18:24 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis Thread: December 12, 2008 Pre-New York Open
Pre-New York Open
- The U.S. auto bailout plan fell apart late Thursday when Senate Republicans refused to support the bill. Their primary objection to the bill was that they felt that the plan would not have restructured the industry to the point where it would have been viable. This means that their ongoing cash burn rate was such that the firms would have been back evey few months asking for billions more. The other side of the issue is that the last thing the U.S. needs is another financial shock.
- There is still an outside chance that a bridge loan could come from some other direction. Politics is the business of brinksmanship.
- Far Eastern bourses closed sharply lower on the news. European exchanges are lower and the current call for the U.S. open is for weaker. Bond prices are up sharply.
- The volatile commodity currencies are sharply lower. Gold and oil are lower.
- Key data Friday include U.S. PPI data, retail sales and the university of Michigan sentiment index. One worry about the PPI data is that it could signal a deflationary period. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 10 Sep 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output
Tue 11 Sep 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 12 Sep 2018
A 12:30 US- PPI
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 18:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 13 Sep 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 12:30 US- CPI
Fri 14 Sep 2018
A 08:30 GB- GDP
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.