Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 15, 2008 - 10:52:06 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far New York Open for December 15, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- Trade is still active as the markets head into the end of year period. The fundamental focus remains on the auto bailout plan. The world did not end after an accord was not reached over the weekend, but the fuse on some of the firms is very short. The last thing the U.S. needs is another financial shock.
- The extent of the exposure to the Madoff fraud continues to be uncovered. The losses were large enough that institutions around the globe have been impacted by the mess.
- Far Eastern bourses closed sharply higher despite a poor quarterly Tankan survey from Japan. European exchanges are higher and the current call for the U.S. open is for modestly weaker. U.S. Bond prices are a bit weaker. Many are looking ahead to additional Fed ease tomorrow. It will be hard to react to additional Fed ease.
- The USD continues to fall vs. Europe. The JPY has gained. The volatile commodity currencies are higher in response to the lower USD. Gold and oil are higher.
- Key data U.S. Monday include: the Empire PMI, TIC data and Industrial Production. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 23 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- All Day Global flash PMIs. First good look at October economic performances.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 01:30 GMT AU- CPI. Top Inflation indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 08:00 GMT DE- IFO Survey. Top German indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed-- 14:00 GMT CA- BOC Decision. No Policy Change Expected.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top Weekly WTI Statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..