Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 15, 2008 - 20:31:04 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for December 15, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- End of year trade continues to see the USD tumble against European currencies. USD weakness is often expected as a seasonal pattern by traders. Gold and oil are mixed. Dealers are looking ahead to a Fed policy easing Tuesday.
- Another focus remains on the auto bailout plan. The world did not end after an accord was not reached over the weekend, but yearend apparently is the dropdead date. The last thing the U.S. needs is another financial shock.
- The extent of the exposure to the Madoff fraud continues to be investigated. Institutions around the globe have been impacted by the mess.
- Far Eastern bourses closed sharply higher despite a poor quarterly Tankan survey from Japan. European bourses ended modestly lower. The current call for the U.S. close is for weaker. U.S. Bond prices are stronger.
- Key data U.S. Tuesday include: November CPI, Housing Starts and the FOMC policy decision. A cut in the Fed Funds rate of either -50bps or -75bps is expected. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.