Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 16, 2008 - 20:21:36 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Far East Open for December 16, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- The Fed made a historic policy decision on Tuesday setting as target range for Fed Funds of 0-0.25%, from a previous single point target of 1.00%. The central bank threw in the â€śkitchen sinkâ€ť and took just about every action at their disposal to support the economy and promised â€śto use all available tools to promote the resumption of sustainable economic growthâ€ť.
- Forex markets had set up for a Fed easing by buying most major currencies (not the GBP) against the USD. The U.K. is seen as the weakest economy in the G8. Data released early in the morning out of the U.S. were weaker than expected. Inflation data out of the U.K. and U.S. contributed to growing deflation worries.
- End of year trade continues to see the USD vulnerable against the European currencies. USD weakness is often expected as a seasonal pattern by traders. Gold and oil are mixed.
- Far Eastern bourses closed easier. European bourses closed higher. The current call for the U.S. close is for up sharply. U.S. Bond prices are soaring. The recent close correlation between forex and equities was back working on Tuesday. It had become less reliable recently. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Fri-- 12:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI. Top economic indicators.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Fri-- 14:00 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..