Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 18, 2008 - 10:38:32 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far New York Open for December 18, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- December German IFO data were very weak today and raised again the questions in the minds of traders about the rationality of the leadership of the ECB, which incomprehensibly continues to fret about inflation in a deflationary global economy.
- There is market chatter that the PBOC has been a large buyer of EUR daily since the start of December and this is thought to be behind the tumble in the USD. Today already there was ralk that the BOJ had intervened in USD/JPY, but so far no official confirmation has been forthcoming. The extent of the USD decline in recent weeks has ben nothing short of remarkable and certainly would meet the old test of â€śdisorderly marketsâ€ť.
- This certainly is not a time to try to catch a falling knife or to fight the tape. The USD has extended its tumble against major currencies further today. Many have already closed their books for the year and are under instructions not to make waves before 1Q09. Illiquid markets can be very dangerous to trade.
- Gold and oil are mixed. The OPEC announcement of a net 2.2mln bbd production reduction effective on January 1 to drain excess supply has not had much of an impact. Crude has tested below the $40 line, but is now back just above it.
- Far Eastern bourses closed higher. European bourses sare higher atthis hour. The current call for the U.S. open is for lower. U.S. Bond prices are up again. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Oct
All Day flash PMIs
Wed 25 Oct
01:30 AU- CPI
08:00 DE- IFO Survey
08:30 GB- GDP
14:00 CA- BOC Decision
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Oct
11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
14:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
Fri 27 Oct
12:30 US- GDP
14:00 US- final Univ of Michigan
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: High Fri-- 12:30 GMT CA- Retail Sales and CPI. Top economic indicators.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Fri-- 14:00 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..