Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday December 18, 2008 - 20:19:05 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far East Open for December 19, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- Chatter that the PBOC has been a large buyer of EUR daily since the start of December suggested to some of us that this trade had probably already run its course. There was the suggestion early on that this was the day to sell EUR/USD as those who had caught the move would be looking to take profits before the holiday break that starts next week. Add to this, action by the ECB, effective January 21, to discourage hoarding of Euro deposits by commercial banks at the central bank. When the EUR started to tumble, it fell off a cliff.
- There was chatter early that the BOJ had intervened in USD/JPY, but some dealrs dismissed the story as an overreaction to a big order. The extent of the USD decline in recent weeks has been nothing short of remarkable and certainly would meet the old test of â€śdisorderly marketsâ€ť.
- The December German IFO data were very weak and refreshed the questions in the minds of traders about the decision-making of the leadership of the ECB, which incomprehensibly continues to fret about inflation in a deflationary global economy.
- Gold and oil are down. The January crude contract was substantially lower than the February contract, which becomes the front month on Friday. January contract weakness is just seen as a technicality.
- Far Eastern bourses closed higher. European bourses closed up. The current call for the U.S. close is for lower. U.S. Bond prices are up again. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.