Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday December 19, 2008 - 10:44:06 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-New York Open for December 19, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- The BOJ surprised us by thrown in the kitchen sink today. It lowered its overnight target rate by 20bps to virtually zero (0.10%) and announced other measures to improve the liquidity in the system. No doubt it was the recent surge in the JPY that pushed them over the edge. We feel forex intervention is a serious risk at the USD/JPY 80-85 level or below. The timing and level for intervention of intervention is by definition unpredictable. Japan also intervenes through surrogates to hide its tracks.
- We suggested yesterday that end of year reserve reallocations by central banks may have run its course, but this is also highly unpredictable. Those who said yesterday was the day to sell EUR/USD were dead on. The view was Thursday was to day to take profits before the holiday period. Also, actions by the ECB to discourage commercial bank hoarding of Euro deposits at the ECB weighed on the Euro.
- Our focus today is where the EUR/USD establishes itself relative to the psychological 1.40 line. The extent of USD volatility this week has been remarkable and certainly has met the test of a â€śdisorderly marketâ€ť.
- Deapite the BOJ actions, Far Eastern bourses closed mixed to lower. European bourses are weaker. The current call for the U.S. open is for lower. U.S. Bond prices are up modestly. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.