Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday December 22, 2008 - 20:31:19 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis: Pre-Far East Open for December 23, 2008
Pre-Far East Open
- The holiday markets appear to have arrived on Monday. However, just about all the data normally scheduled for the rest of the month has been compressed into Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday moring in the U.S. will see a slew of data releases. Tuesday is a holiday in Japan and Wednesday will effectively be a holiday in most markets. Thursday and Friday are holidays in most centers.
- As GVI Forex Jay mentioned, it all boils down to capital flows now. The markets in the past week or so have shown little capacity to accomomate big transactions. Depending on how you are positioned, thin markets can move for you are against you. This is not a bad time to throttle back on your leverage.
- The usual pattern this time of year is for forex prop traders to square up before Christmas and then start to position for the new year before the New Years holidays. Odds are traders will beless bold this year than in previous periods.
- The EUR/USD pivoted the 1.40 line today in Europe, but seemed to get a nosebleed above that line. EUR/GBP remains a focus as it relentlessly heads towards the 100 target.
- Far Eastern bourses closed mixed. European bourses were lower. The current call for the U.S. close is for lower. U.S. Bond prices are weaker. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.