Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday December 23, 2008 - 10:35:27 GMT
Share This Story
Global-View - www.global-view.com
FX Blog- GVI Forex Analysis:Pre-New York Open for December 23, 2008
Pre-New York Open
- Today sees a slew of data from the U.S. revisions to 3Q08 GDP are awaited on the U.S. open, and then later the University of Michigan sentiment index and new and existing home sales. Home sales data are expected to remain weak.
- This late in the year, no lasting reaction to the data is expected. Wednesday morning in the U.S. will see another slew of data releases. Wednesday will effectively be a holiday in most markets. Thursday and Friday are holidays in most centers.
- As noted yesterday, it all boils down to capital flows now. The markets in the past week or so have shown little capacity to accomomate large transactions. This is a good time to reduce leverage. A typical pattern is for traders to square up before Christmas and then start to position for 2009 before New Years. Traders will be less bold this year than previously.
- The EUR/USD is still pivoting the 1.40 line, but seems to get a nosebleed above that line. EUR/GBP remains a focus as it relentlessly heads towards the 100 line.
- Far Eastern bourses closed easier. Japan was closed. European bourses are higher. The current call for the U.S. open is for higher. U.S. Bond prices are firmer. See the GVI calendar for an updated schedule of data releases in the two weeks ahead.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.