-In individual equities: Aviva [AV.UK] Confirms IPO of Dutch unit Delta Lloyd to complete in Nov 2009; to list on Euronext Amsterdam. || Standard Chartered/RBS [RBS.UK] Talks with Standard Chartered regarding sale of Asian assets have broken down - WSJ. || Anglo American [AAL.UK] Chinese steel firm Baosteel has offered Â£1B for 30% stake in group's Rio based iron ore operation - Observer. || HSBC [HSBA.UK] CEO Goeghegan remains under the belief that financial sector will see second global slump -FT.|| Vallourec [VK.FR] Likely to report FY09 Net around â‚¬500M v â‚¬447Me - L'Expansion. || ArcelorMittal [MT.NV] May pull out of a $20B project for construction of two steel plants in India - FT interview citing company Chairman. || Deutsche Bank DBK.GE: CEO Ackermann continues to believe 25% pretax ROE target is possible -Spiegel. ||
- Speakers: ECB's Weber commented that fiscal consolidation in Germany should begin by 2011 at the latest and that the country had very limited room for tax cuts || ECB's Wellink stated that the central bank might begin withdrawal of stimulus measures ahead of interest rate increases . he cautioned that confirmation of economic recovery can only be made in second half of 2010 || ECB Nowotny noted that the current level of Euro was not a threat at this time and currency developments warrant no immediate action. He noted that he saw positive economic growth over the next two quarters and into 2010. ECB has steady hand on policy but must be watched closely. Everyone was watching fx movements closely || Russian Central Bank's First Dep Chairman Ulyukayev commented that Q3 net capital outflows below $10B. he noted that the CBR had the scope to cut interest rates again this year but was unlikely to increase the current pace. Lastly he noted that the current Ruble currency rate was not cause for concern || French Budget Min Woerth commented that tax receipt decline could increase deficit but noted that France was capable of an average annual growth rate of about 2.5%, which would reduce the deficit by one percentage point of GDP a year by 2011 || Investors George Soros noted that the US economic recovery to be 'slow' and that the ECB could exit stimulus measures at a faster pace than Fed || Japanese PM Hatoyama commented that he did not see economy as fully recovering following declines in unemployment rates ||
- In Currencies: USD remained softer in sentiment against the European and commodity-related currencies post G7 as the summit failed to directly mention specific currencies, which fueled selling interest in the USD. G7 did state that excessive volatility was not welcomed in currency price action. The dollar held a steady tone through out the European morning with EUR/USD consolidating in a 1.4610 to 1.4650 range. Dealers did note some 'substantial' Euro buy stops building above the 1.4680 area.
Spot Gold maintained a constructive tone above the $1,000/oz level which aided the CAD and AUD currency pairs. Australian Dollar firmer ahead of Tuesday central bank meeting with a small minority of analyst possible looking for a 25bps rate hike to 3.25%.
- In Fixed Income: Bond markets have been exceptionally quiet this morning in Europe with thin volumes in government issues and no corporate issuance to speak of. The German yield curve is a touch steeper whilst Gilts and Treasuries have experienced a bout of flattening. European peripheral government bonds have uniformly firmed up against Bunds following Ireland's yes vote on the Lisbon treaty. Short sterling futures and short dated Gilts have noticeably been subject to selling after the BoE widened the list of eligible institutions to apply for reserve accounts. The market appears to be interpreting the move as a means of providing the BoE with another tool to ensure it is able to reign in excessive credit growth, when the day comes to shift to a tightening bias
- In Energy: IAEA's El-Baradei noted over the weekend that Iran had agreed to nuclear inspections of an enrichment facility starting Oct 25 ||
- In commodities: Kazakhmys [KAZ.UK] Reportedly might lower its 2009 copper output by almost 10% according to a Kazakh regional official. Article noted that the Kazakh company would make repairs at its Zhezkazgan smelter. The company did plan to increase gold output by 10.3% and silver by 1.2% in 2009 ||SPDR Gold Trust ETF holdings rise to 1,096.55 tons from 1,095.33 tons prior
- In the papers: According to IAEA documents, Iran may have already tested a detonation system capable of fitting into a nuclear warhead of a medium-range missile in a Times. Report is said to present evidence that the country has researched and tested equipping components of a nuclear payload that can be delivered on medium-term missile Shahab-3
*** NOTES ***
- NYU Prof Roubini: Equity prices rising too much too fast; unemployment to continue rising
- China equities remain on holiday through Thursday
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Tue 31 July 2018 AA JP- Bank of Japan A 06:00 DE- Retail Sales A 09:00 EZ- flash HICP/GDP AA 12:30 US- Core PCE Deflator A 14:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence Wed 1 Aug 2018 A Final Mfg PMIs AA 12:15 US- ADP Private Payrolls A 15:00 US- EIA Crude AA 18:00 US- Federal Reserve Decision Thu 2 Aug 2018 AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 3 Aug 2018 A Final Services PMIs AA 12:30 US- Employment A 12:30 US/CA- Trade
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.