Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday October 29, 2009 - 13:33:40 GMT
Share This Story
InnerFX - www.innerfx.com
EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY Intra-day update 10-29-09
Stronger than expected U.S. GDP lifts the euro to session highs against the dollar. The euro is currently pushing on the interim resistance around 1.4800 and hourly studies are positive, favoring further upside action towards the 1.4850 resistance and above. In case it gets â€śthat farâ€ť, resistance is expected to counter the uptrend into the 1.4850-1.4900 region. Above the said resistance region, short-termâ€™s resumption of uptrend will occur, re-focusing into the top side at 1.5000/50. On the lower side, minor support has been formed around 1.4740/50, backed by the more notable bottom at 1.4700 which is also the 61.8% of the last up leg from 1.448- to 1.5060. Current quote is 1.4785 @13:17 GMT
Support: 1.4740/50, 1.4700 and 1.4650
Resistance: 1.4800, 1.4830/50 and 1.4900
EURUSD 4hrs chart
Cable is recovering too, currently testing interim resistance into the middle of last decline from 1.6695 to 1.6250. Both short-term and intra-day charts are bullish and last three daysâ€™ price action suggests a re-test of 1.6700 within the coming days. Weâ€™ll see if it manages to clear the 1.6500 barrier for now, as such breakout would be an important bullish confirmation. Current exchange rate is 1.6460 @13:17 GMT
Support: 1.6400, 1.6300 and 1.6200
Resistance: 1.6500, 1.6550 and 1.6600
The dollar bounced on the 90.20 support region and currently regains some of recent lost ground against the Japanese yen, trading near 91.50. In case of extended gains above 91.50, a re-test of 92.00/30 resistance region will probably provide yet another selling point. Both short-term and intra-day studies are positive. Current exchange rate is 91.38 @13:17 GMT
Support: 91.00, 90.50 and 90.00/20
Resistance: 91.50, 92.00/23 and 92.90/00
USDJPY daily chart
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Wed 18 Oct /ul>
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 19 Oct
01:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue-- 08:30 GMT GB- CPI top tier confirmation of Inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT DE- ZEW Survey second most important German monthly Survey.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT EZ- final HICP revision to flash report. Revisions are usually minor.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 13:15 GMT US- Industrial Production. Top output indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 12:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits revision to flash report. Useful housing leading indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top WTI inventory measure.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 01:30 GMT AU- Employment. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 02:00 GMT CN- GDP. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu-- 08:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales. Top consumption indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 12:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless. Employment Indicator.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..