- Equities: Equity markets in Europe open down over 1% as Dubai's unilateral demand for a debt repayment moratorium weighed upon sentiment throughout the Asian session. The indices recover the bulk of those initial losses as the DAX and CAC-40 briefly turned positive.
-Individual stocks: Carphone warehouse [CPW.UK] Reported H1 Net 20M compared to 43M estimates with revenues at 786M above the 716M consensus. Company maintained guidance for annualized synergies and noted that customer growth was ahead of expectations || Royal Bank of Scotland [RBS.UK] Signed agreement to enter Gov't Asset Purchase Scheme. To issue 35.5B of new capital to Treasury || Tata Motors [TTMT.IN] Reported Q2 Net profit INT217M compared to a loss INR9.4B y/y, Rev INR209B against INR228M y/y ||
- Speakers: BoE's Posen commented in a press interview that he believed UK economy had bottomed out. He saw substantial excess capacity || ECB's Nowotny stressed that the central bank remained independence and faced no political pressure on its monetary policy to allow inflation || Japan PM Hatoyama commented that it was desirable for stability in the currency markets. He would not comment on ways to curb Yen appreciation || BoE's Bean reiterated views from the recent UK inflation report. He noted that UK inflation would spike in spring and might hit 3%. He added that spare capacity would bring inflation back to the central bank target of 2.0%. He expressed disappointment over the Q3 GDP but commented that he would not be surprised with Q4 growth. Any UK recovery to be slow and protracted. UK needed to reduce debt to more sustainable levels||
India Central Bank's Subbarao reiterated that its economic recovery remained fragile and it was critical for India that world economy recovered for its exports. The RBI noted that India must return to the path of fiscal consolidations. || Japanese Gov't Official stated that it would decide on details of economic stimulus measures next week and noted that the measures might reflect impact of Yen appreciation || Bank of Italy Director General commented that he did not see any problems for Italy's banking system from Dubai World situation. || German DIW sees Q4 GDP Q/Q +0.8%
- Currencies: The dollar initially continued to benefit from the Dubai debt restructuring situation and advanced against the major European and commodity currencies on Friday. The situation prompted rumors ECB would hold an emergency meeting. However, as the European morning progressed the risk aversion sentiment was easing a bit which aided a modest rebound in European equities. Bank of Italy official noted the Italy's banking system would not have any problems for from Dubai World situation. The EUR/USD tested 1.4830 just ahead of the Session but managed to regain a foothold above 1.49 as the NY day approached
- The USD/JPY did test strengthened to a 14-year high in pre-Asia as it tested below the 85 handle . Dealers have noted that the political machines in MOF was not as competent as the previous ones in terms of handling the volatility in the currency markets and noted that they can little at this time untill the panic move subsided and Yen market returns to normality. The USD/JPY moved back above the 86 handle after Finance Minister Fujii commented that he was prepared to contact the U.S. and Europe officials to organize some sort of coordinated intervention. There was chatter that the BOJ 'checked rates' earlier today (seen as a closer step to currency intervention). USD/JPY was above the 86.50 area ahead of the NY morning.
-Energy/Commodities: Stop loss interest exacerbated both oil and gold ahead of the European morning. Jan crude tested below $72.50 before recovering back above $74.50 area. Spot gold tested $1,1140/oz. || Royal Dutch Shell [RDSA.UK] CEO: Further weakening of USD was a concern and not ideal for the economy || Russia announced that it would cut export tax for 13 Siberian Fields to zero, effective Dec 1st . it also noted that it would increased the tax on exports of crude oil by 17% to $271 per metric ton on the same day.
-Geo-Political: Reportedly Russia and US were unlikely to sign new nuclear weapons treaty by Dec 5th; talks to continue past deadline
-- Germany and Spain, which confirms that inflation has bottomed
- Dubai debt situation illustrated that the market might been content to ignore macro malign investments and unsustainable levels of leverage across the globe
-6:30 (CL) Chile Central Bank Minutes
-8:30 (CA) Canada Q3 Current Account -$13.4Be v -$11.2B prior
- 10:00 (MX) Mexico Central Bank Interest rate decision: Unanimous analyst estimate for the Overnight rate to remain unchanged at 4.50%
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Tue 31 July 2018 AA JP- Bank of Japan A 06:00 DE- Retail Sales A 09:00 EZ- flash HICP/GDP AA 12:30 US- Core PCE Deflator A 14:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence Wed 1 Aug 2018 A Final Mfg PMIs AA 12:15 US- ADP Private Payrolls A 15:00 US- EIA Crude AA 18:00 US- Federal Reserve Decision Thu 2 Aug 2018 AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 3 Aug 2018 A Final Services PMIs AA 12:30 US- Employment A 12:30 US/CA- Trade
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.