Thursday December 24, 2009 - 15:16:34 GMT
Share This Story
Black Swan Capital - www.blackswantrading.com
Twelve Themes of Christmas (guesses, wishes, and concerns)
â€śGod bless us every one!" said Tiny Tim, the last of all.â€ť
FX Trading â€“ Twelve Themes of Christmas (guesses, wishes, and concerns)
1) The dollar has bottomed on a multi-year basis after a major test in 2009.
2) Interest rates are going higher as this recovery â€śnormalizesâ€ť in 2010; we see 5% on the 10-year T-note before the year is done.
3) US job growth will be surprisingly strong.
4) There will be a crisis within the Eurozone late in 2010 that will shake the foundation of the euro as a single currency.
5) Asian-block currencies will breakout against the developed world majors and move higher.
6) Extremely tight intermarket correlations will finally begin to breakdown and currencies will be increasingly judged on both fundamentals and yield differentials.
7) Stock market volatility will increase as government backstops disappear. Stocks will initially get hammered on the broader realization the real economy is improving i.e. money flow.
8) China will continue to rock through mid-year, but at some time during the second half of 2010 it will experience a major financial disruption that will rock markets around the globe.
9) Gold sees $700 before $1,500 (Sorry Dad!)
10) South Africa begins to unravel politically (it intensifies for international consumption) and the rand gets hammered.
11) Russia makes another major incursion west, increasing its â€śbuffer zone;â€ť continuing to pressure Baltic and Central European Currencies.
12) Thank you for reading Currency Currents and putting up with our rants, raves, mistakes, bad calls, and curmudgeon-ness (I donâ€™t think itâ€™s a word but fits well here). We hope we have shared some things good; we know we have received many things good from the amazing quality of people who read CC each day.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Black Swan Capital LLC
Note: Currency Currents will publish again on January 4th.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."