*** ECONOMIC DATA *** - (CL) Chile Nov Economic Activity Y/Y: 3.1% v 2.2%e - (US) ICSC/GS Weekly Chain Store Sales w/e Jan 2nd: +1.5% w/w; +2.5% y/y - (CA) Canada Nov Industrial Product Price M/M: 1.0% v 0.5%e; Raw material Price Index M/M: 2.2% v 1.1%e - (US) Redbook Retail Sales for the week ending Jan 2nd: +1.6% y/y; MTD -4.6% v Nov - (US) Nov Factory Orders: 1.1% v 0.5%e - (US) Nov Pending Home Sales M/M: -16.0% v -2.0%e ; Y/Y: 19.3% v 28.6% prior
- After opening flat this morning markets slipped briefly before and after the weak November pending home sales data, which was the biggest sequential decline in the index since 2001. The NAR's chief economist warned that it would be early spring at the least before any notable gains were seen in sales activity from the recently extended and expanded tax credit. But the downtick proved to be merely a hiccup, as traders responded well to the November factory orders data and push indices higher in mid-morning trading. Front-month crude is flat on the day, sustaining the contract's big gains over recent days to remain within reach of 2 month highs. US Treasury prices are bid, which has pushed the benchmark yield back below 3.8%.
- Kraft altered the terms of its offer for Cadbury this morning, in what may be a final push ahead of a looming UK regulatory deadline of January 15th to close the deal. Kraft said it has sold off its North American frozen pizza unit to Nestle (which confirmed it would not pursue Cadbury) for $3.7B in cash, and plans to use the proceeds to offer Cadbury holders a bigger share of cash in its standing offer. In a related development, Kraft's largest holder Berkshire Hathaway voted against Kraft's proposal to issue 370M shares to help in the Cadbury takeover, noting that stock is too "expensive" an option for the deal.
- Airlines are making impressive gains this morning on strong December metrics from United and Continental. Both firms disclosed big m/m and y/y gains in key load factor and revenue passenger mile performance measures. Shares of CAL are up 10%, while UAUA is up 7%. Other leading airline stocks are up 6-7% on the data. Note also the Mesa Air filed for Chapter 11 protection this morning.
- Analyst actions at Goldman Sachs before the open have boosted Tenet Healthcare and Radioshack. THC was added to Goldman's Conviction Buy list, and the stock is up more than 10%. RSH was raised to Buy from Neutral and added to Goldman's Americas Buy List, sending the stock up nearly 8%. Visa is off 1.5% or so after RBC cut the name to Outperform from Top Pick, as well as an article in the NY Times this morning that takes a very skeptical look at the company's pricing policies. MasterCard is off more than 1% in sympathy. Note that competitors DFS and AXP are both well into positive territory and heading higher this morning.
- In currency trading, the greenback is making constructive gains against the European pairs and maintaining a softer tone against the yen. Overall potential M&A flows continue to reverberate in European currencies, particularly among pound-related pairs. Sterling maintained a softer tone after Berkshire said it would not back Kraft's share issue. The USD/JPY pair continues to trade mainly on interest rate differentials. Dealers continue to watch the relationship between the US and JGB 2-year yield: the US 2-year yield have move broadly lower after testing 1.18% on Monday to probe the 1.0% area. The pair's inability to break through the downtrend line established last March also shaking out some model-type funds, which were long the dollar over the latter part of December.
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Tue 19 June 2018 A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts Wed 20 June 2018 A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales A 14:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 21 June 2018 AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 22 June 2018 AFlash PMIs
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.