***Economic Data*** - (US) Jan Consumer price Index M/M: 0.2 v 0.3%e; CPI Ex Food&Energy M/M: -0.1 v 0.1%e; First negative core reading since 1982 - (CA) Canada Dec Retail Sales M/M: 0.45 v 0.5%e; Retail Sales ex Autos M/M: 0.45 v 0.3%e - (CA) Canada Jan Leading Indicators M/M: 0.9% v 1.1%e - (BE) Belgium Feb Consumer Confidence: -15.0 v -15.0 prior - (US) Q4 Mortgage Delinquencies:9.47% v 9.64% prior; first decline in eight quarters - (MX) Mexico Central Bank maintained its overnight rate at the current 4.50% level; as expected
- The Fed's surprise discount rate hike briefly dampened a week-long equity market rally, but a lower NY open has brought in bids. Fed governors Bullard and Lockhart both spoke last night in an attempt to shape expectations reminding everyone that the discount rate hike is not a sign Fed will tighten soon, but should be seen as a move toward "normalization." Bullard confirmed that moving the Fed funds rate remains "as far away as it ever was." PIMCO's Bill Gross said the discount rate increase is a slight signal likely designed to appease the hawks on FOMC, which echoed earlier reports the Fed could maintain 50bps spread between Discount Rate and Fed Funds rate, noting that historically the Discount Rate has traded at 100bps over Fed Funds Rate. New York Fed Governor Dudley did warn that it still remains uncertain as to what the final spread will be. Note that the US mortgage delinquency rate fell for the first time in eight quarters. The Mortgage Bankers Association commented that a record 15% of US mortgages are in foreclosure or delinquency. Similar to stocks commodity prices have recovered from the selling seen in the electronic sessions. Crude immediately erased all its discount rate hike declines upon the open of pit trade in NY, and now is within 50 cents on $80.
- Treasury yields were elevated and testing some key levels yesterday afternoon even before the Fed raised the discount rate. The 30-year yield saw levels not seen since last summer while the benchmark 10-year climbed back above 3.8% for the first time in more than a month. The 2-10 year spread made a new high above 280 basis points before the 2-year yield surged on the discount rate decision. The curve continues to flatten some this morning with the long bond actually trading higher following a negative core CPI reading. The Dec fed fund future has given back about half the gains seen post yesterdays move and still sees just under a 50% chance the Fed hikes the funds rate 50 basis in the 4th quarter.
- Dell beat revenue expectations and earnings were in line, although the stock was hit as investors expressed their displeasure that margins missed projections. BoA/Merrill Lynch in particular stated that it had expected Dell's margins to be 18% - the company reported 17.4%. Dell said demand in the important commercial business continues to return and is cautiously optimistic the trend will continue into its FY11. Shares of DELL are at session lows, down 7%. IT wholesaler Ingram Micro was well ahead of top- and bottom-line expectations. However, the company said revenue would be down next quarter due to seasonality. IM is -2.5%. Online health name WebMD crushed EPS expectations and guided well ahead of the Street for next quarter and the full year. WBMD is up 6%. First Solar beat the consensus handily and reaffirmed its full year guidance. FSLR is -8%.
- Retail giant JC Penny met expectations and offered firm guidance for next quarter and the full year. JCP is up 6%. CBS met the Street's targets. On the conference call, executives said the company is a "prime beneficiary" of the improving economy, and said momentum from Q4's rebound is continuing in Q1. CBS is down 2%. UK pharma name Shire's earnings results blew out the consensus estimates, sending its US-listed ADRs up 6% before the open this morning. However, it's worth noting that the number benefitted from a change Medicaid rebates for Adderall, and the company expect next quarter to be lower y/y. Huntsman swung to a Q4 profit after a year and a half of losses. Mining equipment manufacturer Bucyrus beat expectations on higher margins and guided above estimates for full-year revenue. Honeywell raised its Q1 outlook somewhat. In M&A news, the WSJ reported that Schlumberger is in advanced takeover talks to acquire Smith. Both companies declined comment on the story.
- The dollar is consolidating in the New York session, rebounding from its session lows seen in the wake of the US January CPI reading ex food and fuel. Note that US CPI fell for the first time since 1982, indicating that the budding US recovery is hardly driving inflation. The Mexican Central Bank maintained its overnight rate at 4.50%, as expected.
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Mon 26 Feb 2018 A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales Tue 27 Feb 2018 A 08:55 DE- Jobless B 13:30 US- Durable Goods A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony Wed 28 Feb 2018 A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP AA 13:30 US- GDP A 15:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 1 Mar 2018 A All Day final Mfg PMIs A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony A 15:30 US- EIA Crude Fri 2 Mar 2018 AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.