Thursday March 18, 2010 - 16:52:24 GMT
Share This Story
FXTimes - www.fxtimes.com
FXTimes: Daily Technical Update EUR/JPY Assessing Near-term Rally Attempt
EUR/JPY Assessing Near-term Rally Attempt
- Daily: The EUR/JPY pair held from breaking above 125.00 and the 50-day SMA. This is also the 38.2% retracement area.
- The stochastic is crossing over as well, all signs of bearish forces in the short/intermediate term.
- Also, the market has turned bearish according to the MA orientations, as the 50SMA crossed 200SMA back in December 2009.
- 4H: The 4H chart shows a 61.8% retracement holding near the 123 level. Also this completes the second leg of a bullish gartley.
- The stochastic is crossing over near the oversold area. However the
price action is not showing a strong rally attempt yet, so further
decline is possible.
- If the market breaks below the rising trendline and 78.6% retracement, further decline towards 121.0 can follow.
- If the market breaks above, we may have a short-term rally swing,
which could still be in the context of intermediate bearish mode. This
swing could be projected to the 126.20 area, but looking at the 1H
time-frame below, the 124.00 (50.0% retracement) area will be challenge
- As long as the market stays below 127.00, it is likely to be bearish.
- 1H: The near-term chart in the 1H time-frame shows that the market is still held from going above a sharp declining trendline.
- The current rally attempt therefore has not been convincing, and as
I am posting, is turning bearish after testing 123.50. Even if there is
a successful short-term rally attempt, the 124.00 level will have some
- The stochastic shows possible bearish continuation.
- Therefore, for now, any rally attempt should be faded as the
market has been bearish in the daily. In the 4H and 1H, the MAs suggest
it is bullish. The fact is, the market is consolidation in a declining
market so anticipate a break below the rising trendline in the 4H
- If this break is sustained, look for a target near 121.00
Commodity Trading Advisor
Information and opinions contained in this report are for
educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice.
While the information contained herein was obtained from sources
believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or
completeness. CMS will not accept liability for any loss of profit or
damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of
or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analyses.
Foreign currency trading is not conducted on an exchange. CMS is
acting as a counterparty to its clientsâ€™ transactions and as a result,
CMSâ€™ interests may be in conflict with its clients. Since CMS acts as
the buyer or seller in the transaction one should carefully evaluate
any trade recommendation provided by CMS or any of its solicitors.
Foreign currency trading involves a substantial risk of loss and may
not be suitable for all investors.
All screenshots are made from VT Trader 2.0 and are of actual market data at the time of the screenshot.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."