***Economic Data*** - (SA) South Africa Mar Trade Balance (ZAR): +0.5B v -2.5Be - (CA) Canada Mar Industrial Product Price M/M: % v -0.1%e; Raw Material Price Index M/M: % v 1.0%e - (CA) Canada Feb Gross Domestic Product M/M: 0.3% v 0.3%e - (US) Q1 Advanced GDP Annualized Q/Q: 3.2% v 3.3%e; Personal Consumption: 3.6% v 3.3%e - (US) Q1 Advanced GDP Price Index: 0.9% v 0.9%e; Core PCE Q/Q: 0.6% v 0.5%e - (US) Q1 Employment Cost Index: 0.6% v 0.5%e - (CL) Chile Mar Unemployment Rate: 9.0% v 8.9%e - (BE) Belgium Q1 Preliminary GDP Q/Q: 0.1% v 0.3% prior; Y/Y: 1.0% v -0.8% prior - (BR) Brazil Mar Nominal Budget Balance (BRL) -17.1Bv -9.1Be; Primary Budget Balance: -0.2B v 5.0Be; Net Debt to GDP: 42.4% v 42.1%e - (US) Apr Chicago Purchasing Manager: 63.8 v 60.0e - (US) Apr Final University of Michigan: 71.0e v 69.5 prior - (US) Apr NAPM Milwaukee: 66.0 v 62.0 prior
- Risk aversion is running high again this morning, fueled by fears of potential criminal charges against Goldman Sachs, the evolving peripheral debt crisis in Europe, US economic data and month-end flows. More statements out of key players in Europe indicate that a revised Greece aid package will be agreed upon over the weekend. European finance ministers will discuss the package at a conference on Sunday, with various estimates about the size of the new backstop ranging around or above â‚¬130B. The first reading of the US Q1 GDP was only a hair below expectations, although investors are more focused on the Chicago PMI survey, which its highest level since April 2005 this morning. Special attention is due to the very high prices paid component preceded a new multi-month high in gold prices. Front month crude prices are up nearly a buck, testing the $86 handle. Treasury prices are bid which has sent the 2-year yield back below 1% and the 10-year under 3.7%.
- Shares of Goldman Sachs are at their lowest levels for the morning, down more than 7% after the Wall Street Journal reported the US attorney's office in Manhattan is undertaking a preliminary criminal probe related to mortgage trading at the firm. Note that in the article, the WSJ writes that no firm in the last 200 years has ever survived criminal charges. Shares of the other leading US banks are down 2% on the news. Leading insurance names Hartford Financial and Met Life are headed in opposite directions, with HIG down 2% on weak full-year guidance (despite slightly better than expected Q1 results), while MET is up more than 2% after beating top- and bottom-line expectations.
- Number two US oil producer Chevron offered strong earnings and weak revenue results this morning. Executives noted that profits benefitted from higher prices and higher production levels. Shares of CVX are % in early trading. Refiner Sunoco crushed analysts expectations, reporting a healthy profit against expectations for a small loss, while revenue was way ahead. Quarterly losses from Sunoco competitor Tesoro were bigger than projected.
- In other equity news, Wynn is well off its highs despite crushing expectations yesterday after the close. Wynn and other casino names are suffering after China's PBoC said it would curb internet gambling. Semi name MEMC Electronics is off more than 18% after reporting a loss, instead of the small profit expected. MEMC also guided well below par for next quarter. Other semi names are getting hit by the lousy report from MEMC, with Ingram Micro in the red despite the firm's better than expected results and industry ETF SMH down 2%. Computer security name McAfee is off 12% or so after missing targets slightly and guiding well below par.
- The risk aversion slowly gathered some momentum over the course of the NY morning. Greece Fin Min Papaconstantinou commented that the debt could 'explode' if austerity measures were not implemented ahead of the planned strikes to be taken on May 5th. Greece added that Europe was "slow" in putting together the rescue package. The Fin Min commented that was not concerned about possible political costs of reform and would clash with vested interests in order to ensure the reforms more forward. The possibility that US Federal prosecutors were conducting a preliminary criminal probe into Goldman Sachs regarding possible securities fraud in relation to mortgage trading weighed on financials. The USD and JPY benefited from the uncertainty of the above mentioned events.
***Looking Ahead*** - 12:00 (CO) Colombia Mar Unemployment Rate: 13.0%e v 13.4% prior - 15:00 (AR) Argentina Mar Construction Activity Y/Y: No est v 5.2% prior - 15:30 (MX) Mexico Mar Budget balance YTD (MXN): No est v 22.9B prior - (CO) Colombia Central Bank Interest Rate Decision: expected to maintain the Overnight lending Rate at 3.50% - 21:00 (CH) China Apr PMI Manufacturing: 55.9e v 55.1 prior
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.