***Economic Data*** - (RU) Russia Reserve Fund: 40.6B v $52.9B prior; Wellbeing Fund: $88.8B v $89.6B prior - (US) ICSC/GS weekly chain store sales w/w May 1st: -0.4% w/w, 4.4% y/y - (BR) Brazil Mar Industrial Production M/M: 2.8% v 1.8%e; Y/Y: 19.7% v 18.8%e - (US) Redbook Retail Sales w/e May 1st: +1.7% y/y; MTD -2.2% v Mar - (SI) Singapore Purchasing Managers Index: 51.9 v 50.5e; Electronic Sector: 51.8 v 53.4 prior - (US) Mar Factory Orders: 1.3% v 0.0%e - (US) Mar Pending Homes Sales M/M: 5.3% v 5.0%e; Y/Y: 23.5% v 19.5% - (MX) Mexico Apr Consumer Confidence: 82.5 v 82.5e prior
- Fears of European debt contagion is the central issue this morning, with rumors and speculation heightening anxiety and prompting denials from European leaders. There was chatter that Spain was already asking for an aid package nearly twice as large as Greece's, ramping the risk aversion, smacking EUR/USD down to one-year lows just above 1.300 and sending the Portuguese and Spanish equity markets down 4-5% apiece. Spanish PM Zapatero called the rumor "complete madness," but the damage was already done. The VIX is above +23%, reflecting the heightened risk atmosphere. Front month crude is off nearly $3, while June gold was as high as $1,190 earlier before following equities and other commodities lower. Government bond markets are rallying on both sides of the Pond, pushing the US 10-year yield back towards 3.6% briefly. The 2-10-year spread has narrowed below 270 basis points as well.
- Leading financial services names are underwater on all the bad news. Note that UBS's lackluster quarterly results, out earlier in the European session, are not helping the sector. Note that Treasury Secretary Geithner is testifying before the Senate Finance Committee this morning, discussing the possibility of a tax on banks, adding further weight. MasterCard beat expectations handily in its Q1. MA's CFO warned that volume headwinds to continue through rest of 2010 due to loss of bank customers. Shares of MA are up one percent, followed closely by competitor Visa.
- Shares of CVS are slowing crawling out of the red after the firm missed top- and bottom-line targets and offered an outlook for next quarter that was also below par. Leading US pharma names Merck and Pfizer both beat earnings estimates, although Pfizer's revenue missed expectations slightly and Merck's full year view was a bit softer than expected. Generic manufacturing leader Teva was firmly in line with expectations and reiterated its FY10 guidance. Teva's CEO said he believes the benefits of healthcare reform would far outweigh its negative aspects. Going even further, Teva's CEO said he expects to accrue substantial benefits from the healthcare reform. MRK and PFE both rose as much as 3% before trading off, while TEVA headed straight down to -2%.
- In other earnings, big ag name ADM offered disappointing results, missing estimates across the board. Fresh Del Monte also missed earnings targets, although its revenue was better than expected. Shares of ADM and FDM are down 3% or so. Homebuilder Beazer Homes surprised investors will a profitable second quarter, versus expectations for another big loss. Like many other homebuilders reporting this time around, Beazer's new orders and backlog have grown substantially. Shares of BZH are down 10%. Diversified energy name Marathon crushed EPS estimates and also beat on revenue. Smaller oil and gas producer Anadarko crushed both earnings and revenue targets, and raised its full-year production volumes. MRO and APC are both around even.
- The rumor mill was in high gear this morning, with whispers of a major fund in trouble and potential terrorist attacks in London and Mumbai making the rounds during the New York morning. The USD and JPY benefited from safe haven flows while government paper benefited from a rotation out of equities. In Europe, the worsening peripheral situation in Europe drove major banks to call for the ECB to lower its refi rate as soon as tomorrow. The situation in Greece continues to haunt the markets as domestic protests against the government's austerity package continue. The spread between the Greek/German 10-year bonds widened back above 600bps with similar widening moves seen in Spain and Portugal. EUR/USD continued to post fresh one-year lows, targeting the option barriers lurking at 1.3000.
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Tue 17 July 2018 AA 08:30 GB- Employment A 13:15 US- Industrial Production AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony Wed 18 July 2018 AA 08:30 GB- CPI A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony Thu 19 July 2018 AA 1:30 AU- Employment AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales A 14:30 US- EIA Crude A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 20 Jun 2018 A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.