Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday May 14, 2010 - 09:48:13 GMT
Share This Story
Imperial FX Online - www.imperialfxonline.com
Daily FX Trading Strategy: EUR/USD - Resumption of downtrendJoin US and Strategize Your
FX Trading Now!! www.imperialFXonline.com
Daily FX Trading Strategy: EUR/USD
Title: Resumption of downtrend
- Firm breach of 1.2516/23 calls for a resumption of downtrend from 2008 top at 1.6038
Euro fell sharply again yesterday as investors remained bearish over the prospects of economic growth in the euro region and although a marginal low was printed at 1.2516, a firm breach of the supports at 1.2516/23 is needed to confirm a resumption of the medium-term downtrend from 1.5145 (November 2009) and extend weakness to the confluence at 1.2435/56 (fibonacci projection level and weekly support) and then towards 1.2400 but the oversold oscillators should keep price above the 2008 low of 1.2330 for now.
- Only a rise above 1.2739 would alleviate recent downward pressure
Our short position remains in play with stop lowered to break-even at 1.2570. On the upside, only a sustained move above 1.2739 (reaction high seen on Wednesday) would alleviate some of the downward pressure and risk a rebound to 1.2800/10.Written by imperialFXonline.comHigh Risk Warning: Foreign exchange trading
on margin carries a high level of risk that may not be suitable for all
investors as the degree of leverage creates additional risk and loss
exposure. Before you decide to trade foreign exchange, carefully
consider your investment objectives, level of experience and risk
tolerance. You could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial
investment and hence you should not invest money that you cannot afford
to lose. Be aware of the risks associated with foreign exchange trading
and seek advice from an independent financial or tax advisor if you have
any questions. No representation is being made that any account will or
is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on
this website. Any opinions, news, research, analysis, prices, or other
information contained on this website is provided as general market
commentary and does not constitute investment advice. Website owners and
affiliates will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including
without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or
indirectly from the use of or reliance on such information. Please
remember that the past performance of any trading system or methodology
is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Wed 18 Oct /ul>
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 19 Oct
01:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue-- 08:30 GMT GB- CPI top tier confirmation of Inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT DE- ZEW Survey second most important German monthly Survey.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT EZ- final HICP revision to flash report. Revisions are usually minor.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 13:15 GMT US- Industrial Production. Top output indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 12:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits revision to flash report. Useful housing leading indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top WTI inventory measure.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 01:30 GMT AU- Employment. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 02:00 GMT CN- GDP. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu-- 08:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales. Top consumption indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 12:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless. Employment Indicator.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..