Monday May 17, 2010 - 21:34:04 GMT
Share This Story
FXTimes - www.fxtimes.com
Fxtimes: Daily Technical Update EUR/JPY Testing 113; The 91.0 Scenario
Daily Technical Update
May 17, 2010
EUR/JPY Testing 113.50; The 91.0 Scenario
- Daily: The EUR/JPY is testing a low around the 113 area. This is also the 2009 low and a break below it has significant bearish implication.
- For now, the 113.00 area appears to support the pair as the week started with a dip but a correction to pare all the losses by the US session. If the US session supports the EUR/JPY, we should stalk this correction rally.
- It may head towards the 121.00 powerline. However, the strength of the recent decline suggest we may not have a strong correction rally. Then we also have to anticipate the possibility the market will break below 113.00 very soon. In that situation, we have to look at the higher time-frame for the next target.
- Monthly: The monthly chart shows the pair testing the 2009 low. So far, the market has not broken below, and although the heavy May candle threatens it, I would anticipate possibility of a minor bounce before this break.
- The fundamentals has been euro-negative and the market may be sensitive to news. In the interplay between fundamental and technical, the support at 113.00 is probably reflective of the remaining confidence that the EU will pull through this crisis. The other side of it is a break up, which could send euro crosses tumbling.
Commodity Trading Advisor
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analyses.
All screenshots are made from VT Trader 2.0 and are of actual market data at the time of the screenshot.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."