Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 20, 2010 - 06:25:04 GMT
Share This Story
Imperial FX Online - www.imperialfxonline.com
ImperialFXonline: Technical Analysis Report - USD/CADA-B-C correction unfolding from recent 0.9930 low
www.imperialFXonline.comThe usd/cad's strong rebound from 1.0246 reflects our view that the rise from the recent low of 0.9930 (April 21) is an A-B-C upward correction with the three-legged A-wave capped at 1.0739 and then followed by a sharp retreat in a B-wave to 1.0110 (above a confluence of a retracement and support level at 1.0101/03). The breach of the minor resistance at 1.0439 should be the signal that another upmove is unfolding as a C-leg up and a break of the resistances at 1.0539/71 will increase the bullish momentum and target further gains to the region of 1.0739-1.0780 first.
On the downside, below 1.0110 would shift focus to the stronger pivot found at 1.0013 and this should act as the last line of defence ahead of the 0.9930 low. Only a break of 0.9930 would extend the medium-term downtrend from the 2009 high of 1.3064 to 0.9880 (fibonacci retracement level) and then the chart support at 0.9819, however, a close below 0.9712 is needed for further losses to 0.9445 (projection objective) with the 2007 low of 0.9058 likely to remain intact with weekly oscillators being oversold. This bearish scenario will treat the decline which commenced at 1.0780 as the final leg down and is set to be followed by a strong short-covering rebound later this year.
The long-term downtrend from 2002 high at 1.6186 has formed a major low in 2007 at 0.9058 and the correction from there has either ended at 1.3064 (which would result in an eventual re-test of the 0.9058 low), or more likely, only the A-leg of an A-B-C move has been completed and present B-wave should be limited to 0.9712.Join Us and Strategize Your
FX Trading!www.imperialFXonline.comDisclaimer: Imperial
Forex has taken reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of the
information of this article, however, does not guarantee its accuracy,
completeness and timeliness, and will not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may arise directly or indirectly from the content.
Imperial Forex will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a
result of reliance on the information contained within this article or
on its website including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Wed 18 Oct /ul>
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 19 Oct
01:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue-- 08:30 GMT GB- CPI top tier confirmation of Inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT DE- ZEW Survey second most important German monthly Survey.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT EZ- final HICP revision to flash report. Revisions are usually minor.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 13:15 GMT US- Industrial Production. Top output indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 12:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits revision to flash report. Useful housing leading indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top WTI inventory measure.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 01:30 GMT AU- Employment. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 02:00 GMT CN- GDP. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu-- 08:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales. Top consumption indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 12:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless. Employment Indicator.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..