***Economic Data*** - (US) MBA Mortgage Applications w/e May 28th: 0.9% v 11.3% prior - (US) May Challenger Job Cuts Y/Y: 38.8K v 38.3K prior; -65.1% v -71.1% prior - (US) ICSC/GS weekly chain store sales w/e May 29th: +0.6% w/w; +2.5% y/y - (US) Redbook Retail Sales w/e May 29th: 2.5% y/y; MTD 0.3% v April - (SI) Singapore may Purchasing Managers Index: 52.2 v 51.3e ; Electronic Sector Index: 53.7 v 51.3e - 10:00 (US) Apr Pending Home Sales M/M: 6.0% v 5.0%e; Y/Y: 24.6% v 21.0%e
- US equity markets opened flat to higher and are posting modest gains in the early going. European equity markets were lower overnight once again as debt concerns continued to linger. Traders were taking note of the fact that Euro zone banks placed a record â‚¬316B in the ECB's overnight borrowing facility while sovereign spreads in Portugal and Italy widened out to new all time highs. US equity trade seems to have stabilized things, which has helped European bourses pare back most of their losses with less than an hour to the close. The euro remains weak but has not broken yesterday's 4-year low of 1.2110, and the USD/JPY is making new multi-week highs. Treasury prices are little changed with the 10-year benchmark yield holding just above 3.25%.
- Shares of DIVX have surged more than 20% after getting a buyout offer from Sonic Solutions. Gerdau Ameristeel (GNA) has added more than 50% after parent Gerdau of Brazil offered to acquire the remaining stake it did not already own.
- Oil service names, which lead the weakness yesterday, stabilized on the open helping buoy stock indices. APC remains up on the day but is near session lows while Apache has rolled over into the red. Transocean RIG is making fresh one year lows down 6% as BP continues to struggle to cap the Horizon well in the Gulf. BP is up 1.7% on the day.
- Canadian Solar has given back 14% after providing Q3 shipment guidance and disclosing an investigation by the Board's audit committee. Local.com has added 11% after raising guidance.
- The USD managed to reverse earlier losses against the Euro after reports surfaced that Iran was in the initial process of removing euros from its â‚¬45B of foreign exchange reserves. Reportedly the country will sell euros for USD and gold in 3 stages and this would mark a reversal in its previously stated policy of moving its reserves away from USD. UAE Central Bank member Tamim commented that it held almost all of its $33B of currency reserves in USD (long standing policy) and stressed that it did not hold Euros. The Portuguese Fin Min affirmed that it would hold a general vote on Government austerity measures today with final vote scheduled on Jun 9th. The measures could include tax increases and spending cuts to bring its 2010 budget deficit to 7.3% of GDP. EUR/USD holding below the 1.22 handle in mid-NY morning. The 1.2100 level is cited as an option barrier and more are suspected on an approach to 1.20. The JPY maintained a soft tone and held on to fresh 2-week highs above 92. Dealers noted some good CAD/JPY buying flows dominating the early part of session.
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Mon 26 Feb 2018 A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales Tue 27 Feb 2018 A 08:55 DE- Jobless B 13:30 US- Durable Goods A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony Wed 28 Feb 2018 A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP AA 13:30 US- GDP A 15:30 US- EIA Crude Thu 1 Mar 2018 A All Day final Mfg PMIs A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony A 15:30 US- EIA Crude Fri 2 Mar 2018 AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.