***Economic Data*** - (BR) Brazil July FGV Inflation IGP-M M/M: 0.2% v 0.1%e; Y/Y: 5.8% v 5.7%e - (CA) Canada Jun Industrial Product Price M/M: -0.9% v 0.2%e; Raw Materials Price Index M/M: -0.3% v 1.0%e - (US) Initial Jobless Claims: 457K v 460Ke; Continuing Claims: 4.565M v 4.50Me - (BR) Brazil Jun Nominal Budget Balance (BRL): -13.6B v -11.3Be; Primary Budget Balance: 2.1B 3.9Be; Net Debt to GDP Ratio: 41.4% v 41.4%e - (US) EIA Nat Gas Inventories: +28 bcf vs. +30 to +35 bcf estimate range
- Positive earnings and in-line weekly jobless claims inspired buyers to in step during the premarket and bid up equities in the wake of yesterday afternoon's slide, but the major indices have traded straight down from the open as confidence wanes. Analysts searched for scraps of good news in the claims data, noting that initial jobless claims were slightly below the average level prior to the onset of the summer swings, with the four-week moving average at 453K v 467K at the end of June, and 460K in April and May. Front-month crude is still trading in a fairly tight range, although it is still above yesterday's levels, trading around $78. August gold is rolling over into the December contract, which is trading around yesterday's levels, at $1,165. US Treasury prices have rallied as stocks have sold off. The 10-year yield is back below 3% while sellers remain a little more stubborn at the very long end where the 30-year bond yield remains near 4.08%.
- Oil supermajors Exxon and Royal Dutch Shell reported varying quarterly results this morning. Exxon's profits beat expectations, although revenues were below consensus. Note that Exxon's EPS figure was approximately double the amount reported last July. Exxon's impressive earnings performance was driven by its downstream operation, which is bouncing back strongly from severe weakness in recent quarters. Shell's profit was in line with analysts' view, and its revenue grew sharply over last year's levels. Shell's results were driven by higher production and cost cutting; executives warned that while oil prices are very firm, refining margins, oil products demand and natural gas spot prices all remain under pressure. Shares of both firms rose more than one percent before the open and are off their best levels in mid morning trade. Downstream name Tesoro beat top- and bottom-line expectations. Oil services firm KBR was well ahead of earnings targets.
- Visa reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit and offered a strong outlook for overall 2010 performance. However, executives warned that the regulatory changes unveiled by Congress over the last several months would impact the company's business. On the conference call Visa's CFO refused to quantify the possible impact, noting only that there would be a "modest impact" in 2011. Shares of Visa are down nearly 5%, while MA is down 2% in sympathy. Financial services name Ameriprise beat earnings and revenue expectations on profits that were nearly twice the amount reported last July. Moody's managed to beat expectations, but offered a cautious outlook in the backdrop of more regulatory changes and continued uncertainty in the credit markets. Mortgage insurer PMI Group's quarterly loss was much worse than expected, while revenue was well below the consensus view. Shares of PMI fell to lows around -12%, with competitors MTG and RDN down in sympathy.
- French drug maker Sanofi's results met expectations. Sanofi set off an acquisition guessing game earlier in the month when reports emerged that the firm was looking to make a major acquisition in the US, sending the shares of several prospective targets higher. Overnight it emerged that the target was Genzyme, with offers projected around $70-75/shr.CNBC reports that Sanofi will pursue a hostile offer for Genzyme. Shares of GENZ are up 3.5%, but off their best levels. Shares of Mylan are in the red after the firm met expectations in its Q2 report but narrowed its full-year outlook. Express Scripts is up 5% after the firm sharply increased its quarterly profit, although EPS was merely in line with expectations.
- Motorola met expectations in its second quarter and guided above par for Q3, and said revenues would be strong for the full year. Shares of MOT were up 3%, but off their best levels. Symantec was also largely in line, although the online security name's guidance for next quarter was quite soft, leading multiple analysts to cut the name overnight. SYMC is down around 8% in early trading. Consumer staples names Kellogg and Colgate are both down sharply after weak earnings reports. Both companies missed key expectations, and Kellogg cut its revenue and earnings guidance.
- The greenback fell further overnight against all the major pairs and commodity-related currencies, with little relief seen in the New York session. The initial general shift in sentiment began earlier today in Europe after Moody's scolded the US government about its lack of a plan to curb its deficit. S&P complemented Italy and noted that the spending consolidation plans among the PIIGs is supportive of sovereign ratings. EUR/USD tested above 1.31 for fresh 11-week highs to probe its best level since May 4th.
***Looking Ahead*** - 13:00 (US) Treasury to sell $29B in 7-year notes - 13:20 (US) Fed Fisher speaks on US economy - 15:00 (AR) Argentina Jun Supermarket Sales Y/Y: No est v 16.3% prior
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Mon 10 Sep 2018 AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output Tue 11 Sep 2018 AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey Wed 12 Sep 2018 A 12:30 US- PPI A 14:30 US- EIA Crude A 18:00 US- Beige Book Thu 13 Sep 2018 A 1:30 AU- Employment AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless AA 12:30 US- CPI Fri 14 Sep 2018 A 08:30 GB- GDP AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales A 13:15 US- Industrial Production AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.